Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Diagnostic warning : THC_d0007_valveRadBypass

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I posted this under UserInterface but this is probably a more appropriate place.

When looking at the service mode screen in an out of warranty 2018 model X, I saw this repeated warning THC_d0007_valveRadBypass. Does anyone know if this is a problem that can wait or does this mean it should be seen by Tesla service immediately?

Also is this under the Drivetrain+Battery warranty or is this going to be out of pocket because the standard warranty is over.

It's not under drivetrain warranty.

I believe this is either the three- or four-way valve that break very often and start to leak coolant. You probably have a different fault, on the electrical side. But anyway they are not very expensive, I had both valves replaced last January and the total was 553€, that includes all parts (both valves), labour and taxes.

Happen over multiple days?
If it is only within the service mode menu then it doesn't need to be taken in immediately. Logically, if it did then it would be on the normal user interface.
The warning is on repeatedly many times on the screen. I'm just wondering if this car is worth buying given THC is the thermal side and I'm not sure if the battery could have been overheating.

The warning is on repeatedly many times on the screen.
What does many times mean? Does it show the date/time? Sometimes 'errors' are transient and happen occasionally (every X weeks/months).
If it happens multiple days in a row then that is a bigger concern. Do you see it when you drive it multiple days in a row?

Re: I'm just wondering if this car is worth buying
So now this is new info. This is for a car you are looking at. At Tesla or 3rd party. Much different problem/situation since you added this valuable info.

What does many times mean? Does it show the date/time? Sometimes 'errors' are transient and happen occasionally (every X weeks/months).
If it happens multiple days in a row then that is a bigger concern. Do you see it when you drive it multiple days in a row?

Re: I'm just wondering if this car is worth buying
So now this is new info. This is for a car you are looking at. At Tesla or 3rd party. Much different problem/situation since you added this valuable info.
I ended up buying something else. Just not comfortable with the THC warning which was at least on once a day as far back as they are logged. Thanks anyway. I don't mind a warnings and paying to get it serviced with a limit of costs. Just not when its related to coolants or battery.

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200