Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did anyone go from a Raven to the refresh? Thoughts?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been almost 2 years on the refresh. The yoke, not a problem anymore for new sales as new Refreshes default to Wheel. I'm use to yoke, but still thinks it's inferior to the wheel. No advantage and questionable safety in an emergency situation where have to turn fast. Like sliding on ice.

The lack of stalks is still unforgivable. Hate it. After coming from my Volt or Wife's etron, I find myself waving my fingers in air looking for a turn signal stalk. Just outright decontenting, money saving, stupid.

I have USS but would think it sucks w/o. I REALLY miss my Wife's Etron 360 degree overhead camera view. We can't have in a $120k car? (list price on mine back in the day) Nope, because the refresh didn't include moving any cameras from the Raven location, so both cars are missing front bumper camera that would be required.

Would I go back? I remember the road noise on the Raven being alot more than refresh. Both my Volt and Etron are quieter than the Refresh, so I wouldn't go to a car with even more wind and tire noise than now, so no Raven for me.

Reactions: BMWLover and Darmie
Been almost 2 years on the refresh. The yoke, not a problem anymore for new sales as new Refreshes default to Wheel. I'm use to yoke, but still thinks it's inferior to the wheel. No advantage and questionable safety in an emergency situation where have to turn fast. Like sliding on ice.

The lack of stalks is still unforgivable. Hate it. After coming from my Volt or Wife's etron, I find myself waving my fingers in air looking for a turn signal stalk. Just outright decontenting, money saving, stupid.

I have USS but would think it sucks w/o. I REALLY miss my Wife's Etron 360 degree overhead camera view. We can't have in a $120k car? (list price on mine back in the day) Nope, because the refresh didn't include moving any cameras from the Raven location, so both cars are missing front bumper camera that would be required.

Would I go back? I remember the road noise on the Raven being alot more than refresh. Both my Volt and Etron are quieter than the Refresh, so I wouldn't go to a car with even more wind and tire noise than now, so no Raven for me.
So, what I'm understanding here is, you dislike some major unforgiveables in the refresh but still would not go back to raven due to lack of refinement. Refresh more well put together, like a Model Y. Less wind noise, less rattles, overall more well-built vs the bucket of bolts Raven with wind noise.

So, what I'm understanding here is, you dislike some major unforgiveables in the refresh but still would not go back to raven due to lack of refinement. Refresh more well put together, like a Model Y. Less wind noise, less rattles, overall more well-built vs the bucket of bolts Raven with wind noise.
Yup, but wouldn't call the Raven a bucket of bolts. Yes had more wind noise for sure, but no real rattles.

Reactions: Christopher1
Had a 2019 X 'raven' standard range. replaced with a 2023X. The 2023X... I was on the fence for a while, didn't seem like any real improvements. Price dropped effectively $27k overnight. Test drove a 2023X, and within 5 miles... The suspension OMG the suspension. I was in LOVE. The ride. OMG the ride. It's a couch, it's fun, it's great for me. I can tear down a back-road and it's just so COMFY and FAST.
The fit/finish is better. Although the steering wheel of my 2019 was nicer.
Also the turn signal buttons are stupid and borderline dangerous.

I paid mostly the same new for a 4 year newer car with 100 miles more range and OMG 0-100 performance. My 2019 would wuss out over 60 MPH and was ... quick to 90 from 60. But my 2023X.. Pulls HARD and much lower into the pack. (At a lower battery %) it still pulls hard. I can feel it fade around 20% left, but haven't had the desire to spend $150 on a draggy. Would like to do drag strip mode. not DSM 100% charge, 90% 80% etc down to 10%. Get the real numbers, just haven't had time/etc.

I also came from a 2013 S85, wife and I had some Model 3s along the way too. My 2023X is the first tesla (along with her 2032 Y) that I can recommend to almost anyone. Tesla finally made a product that more than early adopters can enjoy.

If not for the turn signal buttons, (and lack of power frunk) (and the driver door only opening 6") the X would be near perfect in my mind. And since I'm here. the 2019 had MUCH better options for displaying things on the driver's display - song info, power usage, trips, etc. I don't need to see FSD crap on the driver's display. i can't drive the car with that information, it's useless. and if the car actually drove, it's irrelivent. I'd much rather see useful things on it.

Had a 2019 X 'raven' standard range. replaced with a 2023X. The 2023X... I was on the fence for a while, didn't seem like any real improvements. Price dropped effectively $27k overnight. Test drove a 2023X, and within 5 miles... The suspension OMG the suspension. I was in LOVE. The ride. OMG the ride. It's a couch, it's fun, it's great for me. I can tear down a back-road and it's just so COMFY and FAST.
The fit/finish is better. Although the steering wheel of my 2019 was nicer.
Also the turn signal buttons are stupid and borderline dangerous.

I paid mostly the same new for a 4 year newer car with 100 miles more range and OMG 0-100 performance. My 2019 would wuss out over 60 MPH and was ... quick to 90 from 60. But my 2023X.. Pulls HARD and much lower into the pack. (At a lower battery %) it still pulls hard. I can feel it fade around 20% left, but haven't had the desire to spend $150 on a draggy. Would like to do drag strip mode. not DSM 100% charge, 90% 80% etc down to 10%. Get the real numbers, just haven't had time/etc.

I also came from a 2013 S85, wife and I had some Model 3s along the way too. My 2023X is the first tesla (along with her 2032 Y) that I can recommend to almost anyone. Tesla finally made a product that more than early adopters can enjoy.

If not for the turn signal buttons, (and lack of power frunk) (and the driver door only opening 6") the X would be near perfect in my mind. And since I'm here. the 2019 had MUCH better options for displaying things on the driver's display - song info, power usage, trips, etc. I don't need to see FSD crap on the driver's display. i can't drive the car with that information, it's useless. and if the car actually drove, it's irrelivent. I'd much rather see useful things on it.
Thank you for taking the time to share this experience. I feel like I've been on the fence so long now. I love the fit/finish/quality of our 2022 Model Y, it has been perfect and when I drive it I definitely feel the solid quality build vs my Raven, but I love the auto doors and falcon wings especially for my kids in car seats. So if the refresh X has the build quality of the Y, while I get to keep the FWDs then I think I may have my answer.

Reactions: SabrToothSqrl
Thank you for taking the time to share this experience. I feel like I've been on the fence so long now. I love the fit/finish/quality of our 2022 Model Y, it has been perfect and when I drive it I definitely feel the solid quality build vs my Raven, but I love the auto doors and falcon wings especially for my kids in car seats. So if the refresh X has the build quality of the Y, while I get to keep the FWDs then I think I may have my answer.

The only issue we had with our '24 PX (delivery last Feb), was a scratch on the left rear, which they buffed out and the right front door, which is a little low when open, so sometimes doesn't want to latch. Mobile service's fix was to tweak the striker. (Really?) Possibly 10% better, but not the right fix IMO.

Otherwise, fit and finish, especially the FWD's was great. If the fit of the FWD's doesn't meet your standards, and is going to bug you, you might as well refuse delivery. It's rare that they get that right without scraping off paint.