Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did anyone receive their tow Package for the model X

NewTMSMan

Aug 21, 2017
USA
If you ordered a hitch, they should have delivered it with the hitch.

But this is Tesla, and they are really far behind.

There is no "ordering with a hitch" it is standard equipment on the X (at least in the US), and even with that being the case, some were still delivered without the hitch, and unless you looked or knew you were supposed to get the hitch receiver in another bag you would never notice until you thought about it. Took me 3 weeks to think to look and realize the X had not hitch installed whatsoever, I initally thought they just forgot to give me the receiver package.

Saghost

Oct 9, 2013
Delaware
There is no "ordering with a hitch" it is standard equipment on the X (at least in the US), and even with that being the case, some were still delivered without the hitch, and unless you looked or knew you were supposed to get the hitch receiver in another bag you would never notice until you thought about it. Took me 3 weeks to think to look and realize the X had not hitch installed whatsoever, I initally thought they just forgot to give me the receiver package.

It's standard now. It used to be an option. There was also an option for an accessory hitch only at one point - I think they ended up delivering full tow hitches on those cars but without the towing firmware.

NewTMSMan

Aug 21, 2017
USA
It's standard now. It used to be an option. There was also an option for an accessory hitch only at one point - I think they ended up delivering full tow hitches on those cars but without the towing firmware.

Yes agreed, but the people complaining I think are people who should have received it as standard equipment and it was not installed, which is a bit worse than a missing option I think.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC