Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did anyone receive their tow Package for the model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you ordered a hitch, they should have delivered it with the hitch.

But this is Tesla, and they are really far behind.

There is no "ordering with a hitch" it is standard equipment on the X (at least in the US), and even with that being the case, some were still delivered without the hitch, and unless you looked or knew you were supposed to get the hitch receiver in another bag you would never notice until you thought about it. Took me 3 weeks to think to look and realize the X had not hitch installed whatsoever, I initally thought they just forgot to give me the receiver package.

There is no "ordering with a hitch" it is standard equipment on the X (at least in the US), and even with that being the case, some were still delivered without the hitch, and unless you looked or knew you were supposed to get the hitch receiver in another bag you would never notice until you thought about it. Took me 3 weeks to think to look and realize the X had not hitch installed whatsoever, I initally thought they just forgot to give me the receiver package.

It's standard now. It used to be an option. There was also an option for an accessory hitch only at one point - I think they ended up delivering full tow hitches on those cars but without the towing firmware.

It's standard now. It used to be an option. There was also an option for an accessory hitch only at one point - I think they ended up delivering full tow hitches on those cars but without the towing firmware.

Yes agreed, but the people complaining I think are people who should have received it as standard equipment and it was not installed, which is a bit worse than a missing option I think.

I also wonder if it is specific to tesla. I guess the part that attaches to the car is custom. But the rest is generic. I really would like to get the part that attaches to the car on its own so that I buy my tray from amazon.