Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did FSD 10 remove the temperature from the instrument cluster?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I purchased FSD with the car years ago so I'm looking forward to hopefully getting access to the FSD download button soon!

Am I mistaken or have they removed the temperature from the Model S instrument cluster interface with the FSD 10 update? It seems the temperature is missing from the instrument cluster on the Model S FSD 10 videos I've watched on YouTube.

Can someone please confirm if the FSD 10 update has removed the temperature from the instrument cluster display?

If they have done this to make the instrument cluster "cleaner," I REALLY hope they have simply moved the temperature to the MCU display so the current temperature is displayed next to the clock.

I use the current temperature setting a lot throughout the year. In the winter months, it is really helpful to know if the temperature has dropped below freezing as that makes icing more likely and during the non winter months it is helpful to know what the outside temperature is.

Ideally touching the temperature will show the hurly forecast but I'd settle for just being able to see the temperature somewhere :)

PS: Looks like the speed limit sign is also gone :(

This is something super useful when traveling in unfamiliar areas where the speed limit changes often and you might miss a speed limit sign. We waited quite a long time for speed limit sign recognition and I was really happy when they got that working...

The other thing I find missing is the energy meeting. Something I always have on. Maybe for Model S, they can have a subtler energy meter that is a straight line similar to the Model 3 UI having the bar graph type energy meter below the current speed.

I hope the temperature and speed limit signs are restored in the public FSD Beta when it becomes available to us and I hope the FSD 10 public beta also removed the 5mph speed limit offset.

I'm all or "simplifying" the UI but I hope they don't remove useful information in the process or at least make it an option to have useful information such as the energy meter, temperature, and speed limit signs displayed on the instrument cluster or MCU top bar.

Here's the video where I found the temperature and speed limit signs missing:

PSS: Watched the video more closely and looks like they made the energy graph still appear as usual but as a semi transparent layer over the full FSD display which is really cool because you can still see all the energy graph details.

Just hope they restore the temperature and speed limit signs, as they are both super useful. During the winter, bridges freeze slightly above the freezing temperature so being able to know the temperature is really useful for not just comfort but also for safety.