Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did I get the older 2022 cameras on my new 2023 MYLR?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This guy in the video doesn't know what's he's talking about. Hardware 4.0 is launching with the Cybertruck and will release on the Model 3/Y shortly after. So far as I know, 2023 Model Y's don't have upgraded resolution cameras yet. Tesla is going to use that extra resolution to make the cameras wider angle without sacrificing quality at any given point.

This guy in the video doesn't know what's he's talking about. Hardware 4.0 is launching with the Cybertruck and will release on the Model 3/Y shortly after. So far as I know, 2023 Model Y's don't have upgraded resolution cameras yet. Tesla is going to use that extra resolution to make the cameras wider angle without sacrificing quality at any given point.
But the cameras in his vehicle look different to mine. His cameras have a larger aperture and a different trim.
It looks like some factories still provide older cameras, as well as some other minor things, such as the black plate trim which I got! (mobile charger was included, too)

There are subreddits where people discuss which cameras they have got, and it looks like it depends on the factory that builds each vehicle at the moment. It is probably related to how much stock that have. We saw this with the USS transition, when some people reported getting uss in December

So no USS + old cameras... at least we got a 20% price cut! Apart from that, thought, no panel gaps, extremely clean and very soft!

Is there a way to look at menu options to see if we have the old or the new camera? Mine is a mid Dec build and I do not know what cameras I have. Visually, I can't tell apart based on pictures I have seen on same threads.