Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did I mess up? No more inventory / discounts for MYP?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been in the market for a MYP (in SoCal), and I saw a couple with ~4k off sticker. However I checked a couple hours later and no more.

Yesterday I got a call from a sales associate. He said they are liquidating inventory and nothing more will be added.

Has anyone heard of this? Regardless, is it worth checking inventory to see if it pops back up again? Really bummed man…

If you mean "No more discounts because all discounts are on the 2023 model and they are not making 2023 model Ys right now", then its probably true. There isnt any reason to inventory discount a 2024 model Y at this time that we would know about anyway.

So, either keep looking for a 2023, and if you cant find one, the answer to your thread question ("did I mess up?') is likely "yes".

Reactions: E90alex
Yesterday I got a call from a sales associate. He said they are liquidating inventory and nothing more will be added.
It’s worth noting that these people know absolutely nothing about any such plans and their sole job is to get you to buy a car now.
Has anyone heard of this? Regardless, is it worth checking inventory to see if it pops back up again? Really bummed man…
Discounts happen at the end of every quarter. Some quarters more than others. If you’re fishing for the best deal you’ve likely missed the boat this cycle and will need to wait until ~March to try again.

Reactions: vickh and E90alex
I haven’t been shopping MYP but I still see discounts on newer LR 24s (they have different max ranges so easy to discern on the site) but they aren’t as steep as the 23s were. I’ve been debating getting a discounted ‘23 (RWD since the price was basically M3 level) and just pulled the trigger about an hour ago when I saw there were only three left in California (according to tesla-info.com).

Reactions: SagarPatel