Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did my own annual Maintenance found my lower blower shroud broken before removing it.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Like any industry, QC is not always 100%. This shoddy workmanship is not the norm for Tesla service centers.
Our Scottsdale AZ team is pretty solid and conscientious. Good management at that store is the catalyst.

I did however find Arizona based Gruber Power Services did my PEM maintenance flawlessly, and at a far better rate.
I understand they even repair PEMS unlike Tesla's only option - replacement.

Plenty of Roadster owners on this forum have reported Tesla repairing their PEMs.

I recommend that you do more research before making a clearly incorrect statement like that. Tesla does in fact repair PEMs. Depending on the nature of the problem, they may also replace them with a reconditioned PEM which of course is a used PEM that has been, wait for it...repaired.

Like any industry, QC is not always 100%. This shoddy workmanship is not the norm for Tesla service centers.
Our Scottsdale AZ team is pretty solid and conscientious. Good management at that store is the catalyst.

I did however find Arizona based Gruber Power Services did my PEM maintenance flawlessly, and at a far better rate.

All. I suggest you give your money and confidence in someone to work on your precious Roadster who values ethical values. It appears these guys are going over the top with their advertising and inaccurate customer reviews. Sorry, but this is too much:

PEM Failure - Page 8

You probably should mention that you're CEO of Gruber Power Services, according to your profile & not just some random satisfied customer.

attachment.php?attachmentid=110629.png

Where as the 1.5 PEM there's only one fan (really a blower which is stronger) that doesn't get or need any assistance from the (motor cooling) blower down below. This blower is only dedicated to the electric motor. Menlo Park also confirmed that the 1.5 doesn't pick up as much dirt and grime from the road since the fan air pickup is right at the PEMs base, which still picks up ambient dust that adds up to dirt, but not as much or as heavy as force fed blower where the pickup is at the lowest rear part of the Roadster which gets the brunt of dirt / dust / leaves / twigs kicked up by the front wheels and underbelly of the car. Look at any video or picture of a 2.x getting cleaned out, its rather disgusting. The pick-up tube also should be cleaned and actually washed with fresh soapy water for a true cleaning, but the Rangers/Tesla doesn't do that. I don't even know if they blow the duct tube running from the lower blower up to the the PEM out.

Reactions: dhrivnak
I agree, I'm happy to have a 1.5 for that reason as well as many others. What a pain in the butt to keep pulling your PEM once or twice a year, sucks Tesla went backwards in this respect with the 2.x PEM cooling design.

Also many of the PEM connectors, such as for the fan have a limited on/off life and begin to wear down which then cause components to draw more amps and connectors to heat and melt. So I really don't want to pull my PEM off unless I really darn well need to.

Reactions: augkuo and dhrivnak
Check with @gregd. His repair was substantially less, a few hundred if I remember correctly
Actually, the PEM itself was $10.55 (not a typo). Another $175 to repair the four wiring harness pins. Total with labor came to $978. But this may have been a deal with the factory to really get to the bottom of the PEM fan connector problem, i.e. that the connector is undersized for the upgraded fan assembly's current draw. In hindsight, they essentially just replaced that one small board in the PEM, the one with the fan connector on it, but had to swap the whole thing in order to do so. Perhaps that's what is reflected in the price.

Talk to your service guy/gal and see if you can work out a deal with them. They know it's silly to replace the whole car when all it needs a new plug.

Reactions: dhrivnak and bonnie
Fuel can go stale if left in your snow thrower engine, causing buildup that impedes engine performance and possibly shortening the lifespan of your snow thrower.

I hate to say this, but did you forget to take your meds yesterday as well as last thursday? Your posts are SO unrelated to this topic its more appropriate to be labeled as SPAM.

Moderators, please keep an eye on @alfmatsenius for that this appears to be a spammer. I'd place him on *notice*. Possibly if he is a real legit TMC user, I'd block the account just in case its been hijacked.

These posts detract from the discussion and are counter productive for all except the SPAMMER.

Last edited:
Me
I agree, I'm happy to have a 1.5 for that reason as well as many others. What a pain in the butt to keep pulling your PEM once or twice a year, sucks Tesla went backwards in this respect with the 2.x PEM cooling design.

Also many of the PEM connectors, such as for the fan have a limited on/off life and begin to wear down which then cause components to draw more amps and connectors to heat and melt. So I really don't want to pull my PEM off unless I really darn well need to.
Me too.

Reactions: DaveD and dhrivnak