Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did software update cause false alerts?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went to schedule a service for my Y for an exterior trim adjustment and saw there was an alert. This is what showed.

IMG_2994.jpeg

I went into the vehicle and it says there are no active alerts.

IMG_2999.jpeg

For experimental purposes, I went to our other Y and went to schedule service. I see there are two alerts showing…

IMG_2998.jpeg

I went into the other Y and there are no active alerts.

IMG_3001.jpeg

This has got to be some type of glitch, right? Can anyone who recently completed the software update go into their vehicle and try to schedule service…do you have any alerts showing in the App?

The Y doesn’t even have adaptive air suspension
Exactly. Can you try to go into your App and book a service appointment. Does it throw any alerts?

Both my vehicles are doing it in the App when I go to schedule an appointment…but the cars are just fine and show no alerts while I’m in the vehicles.

Wondering if I really need to book an appointment or if this is some type of forward glitch.

2021 Model S latest update a few days ago had the driveability and steering/braking alerts show when I went to check what days/times were available in service menu. Today when I went to finalize the date, alerts were gone. No issues driving the car. Guessing it's a glitch?

Reactions: ghsnick!
I went to schedule a service for my Y for an exterior trim adjustment and saw there was an alert. This is what showed.

View attachment 1016099

I went into the vehicle and it says there are no active alerts.

View attachment 1016100

For experimental purposes, I went to our other Y and went to schedule service. I see there are two alerts showing…

View attachment 1016101

I went into the other Y and there are no active alerts.

View attachment 1016103

This has got to be some type of glitch, right? Can anyone who recently completed the software update go into their vehicle and try to schedule service…do you have any alerts showing in the App?
Have you had cold weather where you are?

By the way, those other alerts about vehicle automatically parked and door open mean either you or a passenger are opening doors while the car is in gear.
Yeah, I was working on something in the garage and was moving the car with the door opened a bit while unbuckled…it kept warning me until the door was fully closed and I was buckled up.

Have you had cold weather where you are?
Yes…but I’ve had cold weather all month. No way that both cars legit threw the same error on the same day. This has to be software related.

Reactions: KevinT3141
Yes…but I’ve had cold weather all month. No way that both cars legit threw the same error on the same day. This has to be software related.
The reason that I bring it up:
I had some warranty work done earlier this week and there was a note on the invoice -- and I quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Repair Notes: Technician verified that alerts are present in garage for front oil pump. Verified oil
pump had proper power, ground and communication. Verified alert was present and temperature was
above threshold. Performed replacement of oil pump. Drained oil and filled with new oil to
manufacture specification. Test drove vehicle and verified no alerts are present.
Note: There is known firmware version with the front oil pump and populating an alert in cold
temperature. Front drive unit oil was filled to manufacture specification.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So maybe just maybe it was a glitch...

• Informative
Reactions: byeLT4
Interesting. Our lowest temp this weekend was around 50 and the update happened over the weekend. Car was in the garage as well so I don't think the car ever saw near 50. I wonder what they consider cold?

Interesting. Our lowest temp this weekend was around 50 and the update happened over the weekend. Car was in the garage as well so I don't think the car ever saw near 50. I wonder what they consider cold?
We had just gone through a week of 20~36 below zero. We traveled 300 miles to our west where it warmed up to the 40's - that's when we got the first alert about the rear oil pump. They replaced it, and when we picked up the car the following Monday, we got the warning for the front oil pump. After they replaced that one it cleared up all the codes. I was on the latest software update. So maybe the new software also triggered my warnings. But I will say that the Tesla service center in Liberty Lake, WA - sure took care of us!

The reason that I bring it up:
I had some warranty work done earlier this week and there was a note on the invoice -- and I quote:
Repair Notes: Technician verified that alerts are present in garage for front oil pump. Verified oil
pump had proper power, ground and communication. Verified alert was present and temperature was
above threshold. Performed replacement of oil pump. Drained oil and filled with new oil to
manufacture specification. Test drove vehicle and verified no alerts are present.
Note: There is known firmware version with the front oil pump and populating an alert in cold
temperature. Front drive unit oil was filled to manufacture specification.

So maybe just maybe it was a glitch...
After I booked my appointment the notice went away…not to mention they replied and said it was a software glitch (it was only showing in the App).

Both vehicles never showed an alert when checking inside each one.

Super weird either way.

• Informative