Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did someone throw something at my Tesla? Help investigate, please

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Guys, I was driving yesterday in my Model X when I belive I saw something flying from the front (not 100%, I might imagining it by trying to make sense out of it) and than I heard a bam noise, like somebody threw a snowball at the car. I immediately looked at the mirrors and there were a lot of people on a sidewalk but did not see anything suspicious. Take a look at the picture, there is a huge scratch.

I know there are lots of very smart people here whom I'm asking to help me figure it out, if someone threw something at me while I was driving, or it was just an accident and something bumped into my car.

My thoughts are, if someone threw something, why scratch? and why does it go from top to bottom? I would be just dent

I was traveling at 10-15mhs speed

qRx9ymUu0txGRW46aT2PEqUBjSoysRYJYAFFV98DmbEpX92IB.jpeg

Reactions: Fellsteruk
Looks like a dent as well as a scratch and in a downward rear direction so I’d say someone definetly threw something and it hit you.

Someone threw a can “full” of Pepsi at my windscreen doing 50and it etched a massive line similar to yours on my windscreen.

It’s also possible something fell off another vehicle... any tricks or anything about

Also sorry dude, hope you get it sorted and at not a great expense :(

Reactions: Kacey Green
Looks like a dent as well as a scratch and in a downward rear direction so I’d say someone definetly threw something and it hit you.

Someone threw a can “full” of Pepsi at my windscreen doing 50and it etched a massive line similar to yours on my windscreen.

It’s also possible something fell off another vehicle... any tricks or anything about

Also sorry dude, hope you get it sorted and at not a great expense :(
Wow
I’d have assumed the can would go clean through the windshield.

Hi,

not nice - this looks similar to what we had happen to "Dino":

XZmh00.jpg

fIHeV5.jpg

our other vehicle (in the Philippines) in February - a stone/rock thrown at the car while driving through a village at around 1.30 AM.

Happy that the b*st*rds did not have a better throwing force/aim - a little higher and the glass of the rear right side door would have blown.

We were told that this is not uncommon in this area - and that one should under NO CIRCUMSTANCES WHATEVER stop to check the damage (which of course we didn't!).

Kind regards,

Krouebi

• Informative
Reactions: hiroshiy