Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did Tesla fix the shutter problems? Safe to buy 2020 x?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not fixed. I posted this on another thread.

I picked up my 2020 Model X early December 2019. It has the shudder...from day one. The ride height has been low from day one. It shudders at all ride heights, even very low. It is definitely worse with 6 people in the car...Shudders with just moderate acceleration. Its only got around 1500 miles as of now because it has been at the service center 2 times in January for a total of 24 days and its not fixed. I have another appointment next week. Not a happy customer here.

It is embarrassing to have to tell people what the noise and shuddering is when driving people in this car. Paying a lot of money to have a loaner in my driveway. I want to like this car. I feel like I am being ripped off. Customers shouldn't have to deal with this. This is completely unsatisfactory.

Interesting, I have driven 43k miles with mine without issues (Feb 2018 car). No noise, no shudder. As I still have some warranty left, any hints on how to notice any signs of this before the warranty expiration?

Not fixed. I posted this on another thread.

I picked up my 2020 Model X early December 2019. It has the shudder...from day one. The ride height has been low from day one. It shudders at all ride heights, even very low. It is definitely worse with 6 people in the car...Shudders with just moderate acceleration. Its only got around 1500 miles as of now because it has been at the service center 2 times in January for a total of 24 days and its not fixed. I have another appointment next week. Not a happy customer here.

It is embarrassing to have to tell people what the noise and shuddering is when driving people in this car. Paying a lot of money to have a loaner in my driveway. I want to like this car. I feel like I am being ripped off. Customers shouldn't have to deal with this. This is completely unsatisfactory.
Seems pretty obvious that you have a different problem with similar symptoms. The shudder being referred to here is gradual wearing of the front half shafts, not something you would have from day one.

Reactions: Happscrap