Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone key problems with iPhone bluetooth

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New to my Tesla X, twice got into car and found phone key not usable to drive car. Second time noticed that car downloading update, tried to reconnect phone to car no luck. Once the download of update completed, my phone key once again was fully functioning. Should be some note of this in factory manual so to let owners know of the problem. Just need to wait for update to finish and use Tesla key card. Spent a lot of flustered time trying to fix phone key, when only needed to wait.

New to my Tesla X, twice got into car and found phone key not usable to drive car. Second time noticed that car downloading update, tried to reconnect phone to car no luck. Once the download of update completed, my phone key once again was fully functioning. Should be some note of this in factory manual so to let owners know of the problem. Just need to wait for update to finish and use Tesla key card. Spent a lot of flustered time trying to fix phone key, when only needed to wait.

Since updates don't automatically download and install. And since AFAIK, the update indicates that the car will not be drivable during the update period, I'm not sure what you want.

Updates are downloaded quietly. When the download is complete, you are offered the opportunity to install the update. While the update is installing, the car is completely unusable, perhaps as long as an hour or two. That is why you are warned about that when beginning the installation. It even gives you two minutes to change your mind.