Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did you get a sunshade?

Did you receive a sunshade for the panoramic windshield?

• YES

Votes: 16 28.1%
  • NO

Votes: 41 71.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-04-07 at 11.56.08 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-04-07 at 11.56.08 PM.png
    29.6 KB · Views: 55
"Near Century", I was leaning more towards the end of the month but you know "Tesla Time". How is life without the X, must be difficult waiting until Tuesday.

Tell me about it. I have absolute no interest in driving a Model S (Don't get me wrong, it's very nice car, lots of compliment especially for a loaner), personally i would not purchase a Tesla Model S if X was not introduced. The problems with S for me, 1. too small, 2. too low, 3. I hate sedans. I believe SUV and two door sports car are my only choices. I don't even want to count days, "a watched pot never boils." Just patiently waiting for the fixes and hopefully i don't find anything that will trigger a return to SC again.

Tell me about it. I have absolute no interest in driving a Model S (Don't get me wrong, it's very nice car, lots of compliment especially for a loaner), personally i would not purchase a Tesla Model S if X was not introduced. The problems with S for me, 1. too small, 2. too low, 3. I hate sedans. I believe SUV and two door sports car are my only choices. I don't even want to count days, "a watched pot never boils." Just patiently waiting for the fixes and hopefully i don't find anything that will trigger a return to SC again.

I am more of a sedan person actually, I will probably replace my ELR with a S after the refresh. The X will replace our Acura MDX.

@K-MTG I have two off topic and pretty stupid questions for you, 1. How do you change the wording below your name and avatar. 2. How do you change your username on Tesla official forum?

1. I just clicked on my avatar (top right corner) and selected personal details.

2. I am not sure how you change it on the official Tesla forum with the new forum design, I did mine before the redesign when they had an option to edit profile.

@K-MTG Believe it or not, besides all the high tech options in the X, my most desirable function is P and Ludicrous mode! For me, i will not get a X without P and L! Speed my my thing you know!

The X will be my fastest car, maybe if I really like it I will go for ludicrous on my future S.

I never experienced fast acceleration so I don't know what I am missing. My ELR does 0-60 in 8 seconds, it just feels fast because of instant electric torque but what do I know.

The X will be my fastest car, maybe if I really like it I will go for ludicrous on my future S.

I never experienced fast acceleration so I don't know what I am missing. My ELR does 0-60 in 8 seconds, it just feels fast because of instant electric torque but what do I know.

Even with a fully loaded P90DL, it might still be slight slower than my GTR at 0-60 3.1 seconds. Both fast cars, I would rather to reach that time with 7 people in the car tho.

Even with a fully loaded P90DL, it might still be slight slower than my GTR at 0-60 3.1 seconds. Both fast cars, I would rather to reach that time with 7 people in the car tho.

The X will actually be the first time I sit inside and drive a Tesla. I have seen hundreds of Tesla's but still never got a chance to drive one or sit in one. So this will be a new experience for me!

Is 3.1 vs 3.2 noticeable?
Not really. GTR uses v6 twin turbo so the sounds from quad exhausts are loud. So you do kinda feel like the car is moving faster, plus it's a much lowered car. X is full electric. If you consider the numbers they are almost identical. If you want to experience true racing , gasoline sports car still more enjoyable than electric SUVs. But this can change as well depending on the evolution of the batteries.

I will option Model 3 to the fastest possible as well, and track the 3 to see how it goes.

Not really. GTR uses v6 twin turbo so the sounds from quad exhausts are loud. So you do kinda feel like the car is moving faster, plus it's a much lowered car. X is full electric. If you consider the numbers they are almost identical. If you want to experience true racing , gasoline sports car still more enjoyable than electric SUVs. But this can change as well depending on the evolution of the batteries.

I will option Model 3 to the fastest possible as well, and track the 3 to see how it goes.

Do you have any exotics (excluding the X)?