Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did you get a sunshade?

Did you receive a sunshade for the panoramic windshield?

• YES

Votes: 16 28.1%
  • NO

Votes: 41 71.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That rear windshield is so heavily tinted I doubt a dog or child would be bothered by any amount of sunlight. The front windshield, on the other hand, definitely allows some heat through when the sun is above or in front.

Did you get the sunshade? Hopefully that will help with the heat issue, what do you think of the windshield and skylights on the FWD?

There are adapters out there that you could put on the charge cable that will allow the phone to connect with almost any case. My recommendation is to ensure that it has the Made For iPhone designation since otherwise you'll get an "incompatible" warning every time you plug it in.

Last edited:
If you have a case on your iPhone, that's why. That stupid charger holster only works if your phone isn't in a case, and even then it doesn't hold the phone in place when you accelerate - it just goes flying back in the compartment.

This is true *only* if you did not put in the side rails to fit your phone. In the iPhone 6+ case I needed rails 1 and 2. I can blind holster with ease, it charges every time and the phone does *not* go flying when I do a ludicrous acceleration run.

I *do* wish that they had side rails to accommodate a case that's a little thicker than normal. My preferred case is also my bike mount for the iPhone (from Quad Lock) and so it's quite a bit thicker. Meantime on days when I'm driving I remove the phone from its case and just go with a nude phone.

I'm a little confused. Are you ordering a Sunshade and if so where and how?
Elon promised a sunshade, and many people got them on their due bill. @ptsagcy got one and included pictures, which I've posted into this album. It appears to be very similar to the pano and rear window sunshades for the Model S. I find it very unlikely I'd ever use it, and I probably won't even bother to pick mine up. But mostly because I want to give @K-MTG a heart attack.

Elon promised a sunshade, and many people got them on their due bill. @ptsagcy got one and included pictures, which I've posted into this album. It appears to be very similar to the pano and rear window sunshades for the Model S. I find it very unlikely I'd ever use it, and I probably won't even bother to pick mine up. But mostly because I want to give @K-MTG a heart attack.

What!!! You are refusing a sunshade!!! If you don't want it, I will take it!!! I am willing to drive or fly to NoCal to pick it up.

How much do you want for it? You wanna trade, I can give you my 90D and you can give me a sunshade? Fair deal right! I am sure everyone else on the forum would agree.

I just checked MyTesla @ohmman

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-04-07 at 10.04.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-04-07 at 10.04.09 PM.png
    778.7 KB · Views: 69
What!!! You are refusing a sunshade!!! If you don't want it, I will take it!!! I am willing to drive or fly to NoCal to pick it up.

How much do you want for it? You wanna trade, I can give you my 90D and you can give me a sunshade? Fair deal right! I am sure everyone else on the forum would agree.

I will sweeten the deal a little, i will give you my GTR + my sunshade for your 90D. What ya think? Deal? We are close, we can deal in Fountain Valley super charger, lmao!

• Funny
Reactions: engle and K-MTG