Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did you know - If you struggle to close the centre console it will tell you how..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, discovered that some time ago when I was frustrated it kept popping open, think I had been in a hurry to leave the car and it was open for sunglasses and change. At least it doesn't yell at you but I was surprised to kind of get reprimanded. :oops: The alert was unexpected to say the least and caught me off guard and I got a chuckle out of it and wondered if there might be something else I might be scolded for in the future.

There is no extra sensor just for this feature. It is detecting the interior console light being turned on and off. You can test this by finding the travel point at which the light turns on and then "wiggling" the door repeatedly until the "close door softly" message appears on the UI.

There is no extra sensor just for this feature. It is detecting the interior console light being turned on and off. You can test this by finding the travel point at which the light turns on and then "wiggling" the door repeatedly until the "close door softly" message appears on the UI.

Nitpick here... if you break that lightbulb(yes yes LED), I bet the message will still appear. It is technically triggering on the switch activation that just so happens to activate/deactivate the light. The message being what it is has no correlation to the light itself. Yes there is no "extra" sensor but it is not sensing the light directly.

:)

Reactions: strykeroz
Nitpick here... if you break that lightbulb(yes yes LED), I bet the message will still appear. It is technically triggering on the switch activation that just so happens to activate/deactivate the light. The message being what it is has no correlation to the light itself. Yes there is no "extra" sensor but it is not sensing the light directly.

:)

Yes, I think this is a more accurate way of putting it. One single switch that both activates the light and drives the cute "error" message.