Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did you order BLACK or WHITE inteior with your Model 3 ??

Did you order a BLACK or WHITE interior with your Model 3 ?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
White may clean easier but this seems like a technical improvement without actually being a practical improvement. In other words, who cares if black isn’t as easy to clean if you never need to clean it because you can’t see the dirt anyway.

From a purely cosmetic point of view, I do like the white. I’d like it a whole lot better if the upper trim was black and not that third gray color though.

You can see it under Survey tab Teslike Model 3 Order Tracker #4

Those statistics will not be valid because the vast majority of the data points are based on the LR RWD which did not have an option to select a WHITE interior until 10/18 when it was removed from the online configurator. Meaning something like 4 to 1 of all cars in the spreadsheet could only be built with a black interior as it was not an option to select. The data points in the google document therefore don't represent a normal distribution if given a choice. Now that every model 3 can be ordered with WHITE interior, we can get a better idea as to how the factory is actually running their production batches if we know how many people are ordering WHITE vs. BLACK. Currently looks like people are ordering ~60% black interiors and ~40 % white.

By a rough glance of Model 3 orders in the spreadsheet, it seems like about 20% of all orders in the last few months are for white interior, however it also seems that October production has been predominantly black interior. Most white interior VINs assigned in October were actually vehicles with August/September production dates.

Hopefully November production shifts to white interior.

Poll won't work well since white was never offered for LR RWD which is also probably the majority of cars made at this point? White is also more expensive and most people are afraid to order white.

You are correct that the LR RWDs made before 10/18 were only available in black which is why the main google spreadsheet is not statically valid to track what people are ordering now.

This poll appears to be working as intended .... with roughly ~60% ordering black and ~40% ordering white.

Was LR RWD ever available with a white interior though?
Yes it was available starting on 10/18 when Tesla released the MR 2WD and removed the LR 2WD ... during this time ANYONE with a pending LR RWD order could manually log in and change the black interior to white for $1000' People without pending orders simply ordered an MR with WHITE interior and then open a change / case to have the correct LR battery installed. I am hopeful that we have at least 250 people in queue for LD RWD with White Interior. That is about 1 batch run for one of the lines. They would likely build them all together. Any thoughts from guys working inside the plant ??? I can spot you $5 for your effort.

Reactions: 2012MS85