Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Difference between Slacker and Tunein?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a difference between Slacker and Tunein? I am trying to locate my credentials for both Slacker and Tunein but hope they are not the same thing. Also how do I get my account credentials Slacker? I purchased my Model S back in March of this year.

I signed up for premium accounts on both (they are not the same), but seems like higher quality music from Slacker. Just my opinion. I signed up on a mobile device and then specified my accounts and passwords on the MCU music screen.

Is there a difference between Slacker and Tunein? I am trying to locate my credentials for both Slacker and Tunein but hope they are not the same thing. Also how do I get my account credentials Slacker? I purchased my Model S back in March of this year.
Tesla can provide you with the standard access Slacker account that is included at no cost.

I do not think you get a specific account with tunin. I don’t think this was ever made available in the past either. .

I’m not sure slacker has credentials anymore for the default Tesla login either.

they should both know they are in a specific Tesla and just work.

if you want enhanced features you need to get an account on the service web page and then put the credentials into the car.

Slacker tab has been renamed to Streaming as of some time ago!
Regarding tunein - I heard there is actually a way to get free premium account from Tesla, but that involves doing something to simulate the car being in Europe. Apparently in EU they can’t use slacker, so they give out premium TuneIn accounts instead. I don’t know exactly how to do that yet, if anyone has some info pls let us know