Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Differences between US and EU

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all - would love help to get clarity on the key differences between US and EU Tesla vehicles. Especially the AutoPilot functions

As of Firmware 2019.32.11.1:
- Navigate on Autopilot (NOA) is not available in Switzerland (and most of EU?) due to regulations
- Automatic lane change is not available in Swizterland (and most of EU?). Car will never change lane on its own even if driver is signaling it with the blinker.
- Summon is not available in EU due to regulations
- G accelleration limit in curves in EU. The car will reduce speed depending on how sharp the curve is to stay under a treshold G-accelleration limit
- The Traffic Aware Cruise Control (TACC) in Model 3 accelerates up to the speed limit if car is driving slower than speed limit. Newer Teslas cannot read speed signs and hence rely on google map data. This seems to be same for EU and US. However, the difference is in the driving conditions. In EU speed limits are highly dynamic with many signs being electronically adaptable to traffic conditions throughout the day and every construction having equally dynamic speed signs. This makes the TACC a safety hazard in Europe because the car accelerates up to whatever speed limit is stored in Google maps when TACC is engaged.

A few corrections to this, as those are totally wrong.

- NoA is available for use in Switzerland (and in fact most of Europe). There are some restrictions (e.g. lane changes need to be finished within a time limit)
- Automatic lane change is available (but needs confirmation from the driver) - only available when you are on NoA AFAIK.
- Summon is vailable. Smart Summon is currently not.

A few corrections to this, as those are totally wrong.

- NoA is available for use in Switzerland (and in fact most of Europe). There are some restrictions (e.g. lane changes need to be finished within a time limit)
- Automatic lane change is available (but needs confirmation from the driver) - only available when you are on NoA AFAIK.
- Summon is vailable. Smart Summon is currently not.
Hi Michel,
I see you are in Switzerland too. My new M3 with FSD does not do any of above. What are you driving? I assume it all works for you??? I am really curious if I have missed out on all this.

Here a Video:

Also try the German TFF-Forum, there are many many many discussions there about it in DACH.

Navigate on Autopilot in Österreich und in der Schweiz • TFF Forum - Tesla Fahrer & Freunde

Bei mir funktionierte die Abzweigung auf den Westring vor einer Woche perfekt! Habe in Bülach NoA aktiviert, nach der Baustelle im Tunnel den AP wieder aktiviert, nach dem Tunnel hat er völlig selbständig die Autobahn gewechselt. Das selbe auch nach Zug, wenn die AB in Richtung Schwyz/Axenstrasse abzweigt.

Bis auf das relativ lange Linksfahren nach dem Überholen, finde ich NoA sehr angenehm. Bei voller Strasse fahre ich aber auch manuell.

And I see the menu point to Activate it in the settings on my own M3

Here more noa content on TFF:
Suche • TFF Forum - Tesla Fahrer & Freunde