Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Different consumption everytime after stop for supercharger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed it many times in my long trips. I drive on autopilot, stop on supercharger, keep driving with the same speed and my consumption changes (i think always increases). Its so annoying because when i charge it shows that when i reach the next point i have 12% but then after 30mins it tells me i have to stay below 65mph to reach my destination.
photo_2020-10-07_21-32-27.jpg

Maybe this is a bad example to show, because it clearly shows a spike in wh/mi usage, signifying (likely) a large change in elevation or something. There is the dip, and spike right in the middle showing a change in usage, so of course that would change the estimated range on the graph.

You have some other example of what you are talking about that does NOT show a huge change in energy usage in the middle of it?

I noticed it many times in my long trips. I drive on autopilot, stop on supercharger, keep driving with the same speed and my consumption changes (i think always increases). Its so annoying because when i charge it shows that when i reach the next point i have 12% but then after 30mins it tells me i have to stay below 65mph to reach my destination.View attachment 596373

If you’re driving significantly faster than the posted speed limit, or with the cabin heat on, or into a significant headwind, your range may not match the car’s estimate.

I did a 400 mile trip today with 2 stops and arrived at each stop within 2% of the car’s initial estimate.

Also, if you’re projected to arrive at the next Supercharger below 10% SOC the system will tell you to slow down.