Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dirt roads = car full of dust

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would be so FREAKING pissed. How hard is to put good door seals in? They should give you free biohazard upgrades to pressurize the cabin and keep a positive cabin pressure to prevent this!! I would turn off recirculation and keep it on high fan during dirt road driving..
Do you know how loud those things are when running? I know you are joking but biohazard mode is not something you want to constantly.

not laughing at your expense, but ALL 4 DOORS SHOW A DIFFERENT PAINT COLOR. Your rear bumper is also a different shade of white, but that is a little more forgivable, although your mismatch is really obvious (or is it just dusty?).

wow, Tesla should be so proud. Sorry, they told you to get lost on the mismatched paint. Anyone going to defend Tesla here????

it's the pearl its missing or applied different in a number of the parts vs main body of car. I got another video uploading with some maybe fun history of tesla and also I added some hate for SPI.....

A car unibody needs to be sprayed with the doors attached. amazing that Tesla doesn't do this. It's too hard to match one batch of paint to another, even with a paint code, mixing never fully matches one batch to another.

Seeing all the scars on your door hinges too makes me cringe. The service center makes adjustments and doesn't even bother to slap on some touch up paint, so not only do they scar the metal, they don't even care enough to take a couple of extra minutes to touch up the paint. I've seen plenty of pictures of cars delivered fresh to the customer with the same paintless scars on the door and hatch hinges, so I guess it's Tesla SOP to not give a *sugar* about f-ing up customer's door hinges.

I'm really beginning to question if I really need the Tesla software, superior range and supercharging network for my EV purchase....

The arrogance of the company really turns me off.

Reactions: InternetDude
lol. The white paint to me looks fine. If you are gonna pass up super charging which is also way cheaper than other commercial charging options from competitors, if you are gonna pass up the superior range that tesla’s have because of their better technology, if you are gonna pass up the continuous software innovations tesla delivers for free over some slightly mismatched paint go for it bra.

I don’t think cars are sprayed with their doors attached.

Last edited:
lol. The white paint to me looks fine. If you are gonna pass up super charging which is also way cheaper than other commercial charging options from competitors, if you are gonna pass up the superior range that tesla’s have because of their better technology, if you are gonna pass up the continuous software innovations tesla delivers for free over some slightly mismatched paint go for it bra.

I don’t think cars are sprayed with their doors attached.

No, sorry, the white cars with mismatched doors do not look fine, and if they do to you then your expectation level and mine are clearly different.

Here's a video showing a car being painted. You can skip to 1:18 if you just want to see the robots spraying a car with all 4 door attached: