Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dirty blue Roadster

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"That color, I believe, is "Glacier Blue". Looks better than I thought it would."

The new pic of the "Racing Green" Vp Roadster does not look anything like the Racing Green color on the Tesla site (at least on my laptop). There is a kisok with sprayed colors on it that shows with the Tesla. I would not choose a color without looking at those real world samples in daylight, shade, night, etc..

My color of choice (for this month) is the Glacier Blue...

vfx said:
The new pic of the "Racing Green" Vp Roadster does not look anything like the Racing Green color on the Tesla site (at least on my laptop). There is a kisok with sprayed colors on it that shows with the Tesla. I would not choose a color without looking at those real world samples  in daylight, shade, night, etc..

I don't think that is Racing Green. You can tell from the luster that it's a metallic paint! Racing Green is supposed to be a solid color. It almost seems like they used the older British Racing Green paint that was offered on the 2005-2006 Lotus Elise, which was a metallic color. The Elise is available in several colors that aren't offered for the Roadster. I can't explain why they would paint a prototype Roadster a color they aren't planning to offer, though. The only thing I can think of is. . . Maybe since they discontinued BRG for the Elise (and it was never a highly popular color), they had some cans of the stuff left over and saw this chance to use up some of it?

My color of choice (for this month) is the Glacier Blue...

It's okay but doesn't really turn my crank. And the dark green seems quite un-flattering to the car. (But my '95 Bonneville is almost the identical shade of dark metallic green, so I'm kind of tired of seeing it after 12 years!)

I placed my order for Very Orange, but I still find myself pondering Fusion Red or Arctic White. I think white or red with "viper stripes" added would be an attention-grabber. :)

Signature Green

I got an explanation about that metallic dark green car. . . Tesla are referring to that color as "Signature Green", and it's available only on the first 100 cars (the Signature One Hundred).

I still think it's paint Lotus had left over after they discontinued BRG as an Elise color. :)