Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Disable rear seats seat belt warning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I found it annoying when the seats were flipped down (MY) or we put a package on the rear seat that there was a seat belt warning thing going on. Bought a few of those seat belt bypass clips and problem solved, would work well for a dog in the back also. Can easily be removed when you have a passenger in the back and want to use the belts. In our case we really never have a passenger so this is a good solution for us. Or you can use the seat belt silence option.

Last edited:
I found it annoying when the seats were flipped down (MY) or we put a package on the rear seat that there was a seat belt warning thing going on. Bought a few of those seat belt bypass clips and problem solved, would work well for a dog in the back also. Can easily be removed when you have a passenger in the back and want to use the belts. In our case we really never have a passenger so this is a good solution for us. Or you can use the seat belt silence option.
As I said, the option to disable the warning doesn’t exist in Australia, unfortunately.

en_au/GUID-3319C55D-F148-4D9C-98A6-AD09BA7EED61.html

And having buckles connected means the dog doesn’t settle because the buckles dig into her ribs, so she doesn’t seem to find a spot to lay down without a buckle causing an unsettled dog.

It would be great to have a way to disable this notification in Australia. We have a dog who sits on the back seat buckled in with a harness. The harness however, only stops one seat from chiming, if the dogs weight moves slightly to another seat, the whole trip is one long sequence of super annoying chimes. We’re not even lucky enough to have the child seat option to disable it once per trip!

buy some seat belt plugs from aliexpress. they make them specificially with teslas design

Reactions: Oct22
As I said, the option to disable the warning doesn’t exist in Australia, unfortunately.

en_au/GUID-3319C55D-F148-4D9C-98A6-AD09BA7EED61.html

And having buckles connected means the dog doesn’t settle because the buckles dig into her ribs, so she doesn’t seem to find a spot to lay down without a buckle causing an unsettled dog.
Did you bother to look at the bypass buckle link I posted? The bypass buckle is flat so your dog will not even know it is there let alone feel anything.

Reactions: Oct22
I did find this annoying when I had the seats down and was transporting part of a bed, what was really annoying was that as I drove round corners it shifted so the message came on a few times. Its warned me when I've forgotten to buckle one of the kids I'm on occasion so it's very worthwhile.