Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Disable suspension autolift with geolocation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Boza

2021 Model S LR+
Sep 24, 2021
Usa
MS LR 2021 with full wheel.2021.44.30.8

During the last winter storm I lifted the suspension on a few locations to avoid hitting the battery or getting stuck (normally, I drive it in low for efficiency and to preserve the half axels). Now, every time when I pass those locations the suspension goes up again. I overrode it a few times but it seems that it insists on doing that. Is there a way to see/disable those locations or to “clean” the memory?

MS LR 2021 with full wheel.2021.44.30.8

During the last winter storm I lifted the suspension on a few locations to avoid hitting the battery or getting stuck (normally, I drive it in low for efficiency and to preserve the half axels). Now, every time when I pass those locations the suspension goes up again. I overrode it a few times but it seems that it insists on doing that. Is there a way to see/disable those locations or to “clean” the memory?
When you raise the suspension in the geolocation, there should be an little bubble that says something to the effect of "X stop auto-raising here". And if you press that, it should clear the geolocation.

The other option, which is extremely invasive, would be to factory reset your car.

When I first got my car back in 2019, I suggest this as a feature. Would be great to see all of the "geolocated" saved settings. Not just in location, but from anywhere to clean them up.

Reactions: Boza
As you near the spot the raising suspension based on location pops up quickly go to the suspension page and click the little X where it says always auto raise in this location. You will have to do that for every spot you've created an auto raise location, and the car defaults to auto raise anytime you raise the car. So if you hit raise once at the grocery store to take a look at something under the car if you dont cancel the auto it'll always raise there. its very stupid and it used to be push a button to make it automatic and it only raises this one time by default.

• Informative
Reactions: Boza and DerbyDave
I believe it is still that same way? You have to confirm the "always raise suspension" after changing it.
nope a couple weeks ago before i pulled the car apart i raised it to very high so id have extra clearance while working on the car in my garage. I thought nothing of it and after i took it for a test drive when i got home it auto raised even though i never told it to do so it just defaults to auto.

• Helpful
Reactions: cwanja
nope a couple weeks ago before i pulled the car apart i raised it to very high so id have extra clearance while working on the car in my garage. I thought nothing of it and after i took it for a test drive when i got home it auto raised even though i never told it to do so it just defaults to auto.
Interesting. Will have to check with my driveway and see if it is the same behavior.