Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Disable the seat belt warning?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dear all,

I have a child seat attached with Isofix/Latch which has its own harness (so no seat belt required). When the kid is in its seat, the pressure on the seat is just at the threshold of the butt detector, hence triggering the seat belt warning at every acceleration, making a lot of beeps and masking the dash navigation pane...

After searching in the forum, it seems that the alarm can't be disabled... How do other Tesla drivers with kids do???

Even more frustrating, it seems that when a regular passenger seats without the seat belt, the beeps stops after some time, and the dash warning can be dismissed by clicking on the left wheel. So evil use is still possible. But in my perfectly legit and safe use (the seat has one of the best ratings in europe), it starts again all the time because it detects a "passenger" randomly during the trip.

I can't even buckle the belt behind the child seat, because then there is no room for locking the Isofix/Latch

Heeeeelp!

Dear all,

I have a child seat attached with Isofix/Latch which has its own harness (so no seat belt required). When the kid is in its seat, the pressure on the seat is just at the threshold of the butt detector, hence triggering the seat belt warning at every acceleration, making a lot of beeps and masking the dash navigation pane...

After searching in the forum, it seems that the alarm can't be disabled... How do other Tesla drivers with kids do???

Even more frustrating, it seems that when a regular passenger seats without the seat belt, the beeps stops after some time, and the dash warning can be dismissed by clicking on the left wheel. So evil use is still possible. But in my perfectly legit and safe use (the seat has one of the best ratings in europe), it starts again all the time because it detects a "passenger" randomly during the trip.

I can't even buckle the belt behind the child seat, because then there is no room for locking the Isofix/Latch

Heeeeelp!
Once you have v9,
"For Model 3, you can now toggle the Rear Seatbelt alerts to mark them as child seats. By adjusting the alert, the Seatbelt Card will only display once per drive cycle when triggered, removing the need to dismiss the alert multiple times."

Discover Software Version 9.0

Yes, why only on Model 3??!!!! Having to connect the seat belt when the child booster seat is not occupied to prevent the warnings and loss of dash navigation is very annoying. This should be easily resolved with a software update similar to v9 on the Model 3 ......

Dear all,

Heeeeelp!
I have just ordered these... 51EeB1fjh9L._SL1024_.jpg

Reactions: .jg.
Dear all,

Heeeeelp!
Super easy order a seatbelt extender off Amazon and plug it in to the seatbelt. Instant fix for $15 plus when you put a booster seat in our will need it very hard to put seatbelt in without an extender. You thank me later