Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Disappointed with being blocked for pointing out some facts and information

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I feel disheartened by the state of the world. When I try to share facts and information to encourage informed opinions, it may lead to rejection and even being blocked. The rise of ‘cancel’ culture makes it challenging to express oneself freely within our communities. No room to accept human mistakes or imperfection.

Are we brainwashed by the media? Letting them drive our conscious and actions? Or, do we still trust in finding truths in communication through deeper conversation. I feel that if someone of higher authority is merely annoy or just get a bad feeling, you're immediately outcasted away. I've seen this in Forums, in life, at work, in school, etc....What are we teaching our kids? Not to accept anything that is different?

For sure something changed at some point. I don't know if it was 9/11 (2001), political elections (2008 and forward), the pandemic (2020-2022), people not raising their kids right and now they're crappy adults, microplastics in our nuts... who knows?

But yes, things are really crappy. I also wonder if it's people feeling disconnected in online interactions. This is why I always put my name and face avatar on my accounts. I'm a real person. I'm not a bot, don't interact with me like I am one.

Maybe we all just need to "go touch grass"?

That is so dangerous in this cancel culture.... someone does not like your viewpoint, and BAM. Next thing you know is you are not "Allowed" to open your mouth anywhere

Yeah. This is why people are scared to speak up in a group setting. Saying something wrong once, boom...You're shutdown.

At heart, we all are able to rationalize. If someone brings a top-level viewpoint that disagree with yours, I think the best approach is to talk through the details for information of why they rationalize that. It probably will lead to a time limit, but, both parties should mutually agree that the discussion should continue when they next meet (many folks don't like to do follow ups or continue talking). The way society is heading, we forget that communication involves discussion, courage, and psychological safety.

Reactions: enemji