Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Disappointed with Tesla Calgary Delivery Team

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a Long Range Model Y mid April 2020. I was notified June 14th that it should be delivered in 1-2 weeks and then on June 21st I received a text that the Tesla should be delivered between June 25 to 28th. No calls or anything from Tesla. I called them on the 25th to find out when it will be delivered (I am 750 km from the service center) and they told me that there was no VIN assigned....

After the end of June, no VIN, no car - I changed my order to a Model Y Performance. I was matched with a VIN (193xx - built June 20th) on July 9th. The car arrived in Calgary on July 15th.

It seems like getting an update on the car is worse than pulling teeth. I have to ask for updates. I feel that the delivery team finds it painful to communicate with me.

There was a problem with the hood - which ended up taking 16 days to resolve. Now the car is fixed and ready to deliver but delivery is taking another 8 days, with very poor communication and limited updates. It's driving me crazy. I paid the balance on July 14th, at their request, but no car...

I am told that delivery is this Saturday, August 8th, almost a month after being matched with a VIN. I'm not holding my breath.

I am very frustrated, mostly with the lack of quality communication. For a $85,000.00 CAD car, I expected much more.

If you’re disappointed now wait until you see it.

kidding! Yep Tesla has never been good with communication, in fact it’s gotten worse in the 5+ years I’ve been a customer. I’d be ripping mad if I paid for a car and didn’t get it too!!

I ordered a Long Range Model Y mid April 2020. I was notified June 14th that it should be delivered in 1-2 weeks and then on June 21st I received a text that the Tesla should be delivered between June 25 to 28th. No calls or anything from Tesla. I called them on the 25th to find out when it will be delivered (I am 750 km from the service center) and they told me that there was no VIN assigned....

After the end of June, no VIN, no car - I changed my order to a Model Y Performance. I was matched with a VIN (193xx - built June 20th) on July 9th. The car arrived in Calgary on July 15th.

It seems like getting an update on the car is worse than pulling teeth. I have to ask for updates. I feel that the delivery team finds it painful to communicate with me.

There was a problem with the hood - which ended up taking 16 days to resolve. Now the car is fixed and ready to deliver but delivery is taking another 8 days, with very poor communication and limited updates. It's driving me crazy. I paid the balance on July 14th, at their request, but no car...

I am told that delivery is this Saturday, August 8th, almost a month after being matched with a VIN. I'm not holding my breath.

I am very frustrated, mostly with the lack of quality communication. For a $85,000.00 CAD car, I expected much more.
How’s the car? I’m looking a purchasing a MY LR from Calgary. Did your issues get resolved to your satisfaction?