Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discounts on inventory cars?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had ordered a car and received a VIN, with a scheduled delivery of tomorrow. I received a call today, telling me that it was still in California and definitely not arriving tomorrow. They have a similar car in inventory, except it’s red and has 19” wheels, so it’s $2,500 more. I don’t mind paying more for red, but really couldn’t care less about the 19” wheels over the Aeros. I’ve been reading about Tesla selling inventory cars at a discount, do you guys think I might be able to get the red one tomorrow for a couple grand off?

Mine had 272 miles on it from a combination of test drives and transferring it across the state from another store. They gave me 25 cents a mile. I suspect they would have given me more if it was there longer, but they had just got it (June build, July delivery).

Thanks, but I'm not at all interested in used. I was under the impression that some people were getting discounts on new cars in inventory
Depends on How do you define New & Used.

Cars used as Demonstrators with Mileage would receive a discount based on number of miles.

Tesla for the most part, the sticker is the price

I had ordered a car and received a VIN, with a scheduled delivery of tomorrow. I received a call today, telling me that it was still in California and definitely not arriving tomorrow. They have a similar car in inventory, except it’s red and has 19” wheels, so it’s $2,500 more. I don’t mind paying more for red, but really couldn’t care less about the 19” wheels over the Aeros. I’ve been reading about Tesla selling inventory cars at a discount, do you guys think I might be able to get the red one tomorrow for a couple grand off?

Discount on inventory (i.e. getting it early), no. Discount on not matching what you want, possibly.