Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Powerwall 3 [Speculation / Discussion etc]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I still have not paired my phone via Bluetooth with my Powerwall 3. I also still dont have permission to operate/export from PG&E but they have the application now and it should be very soon.

My settings button on the app has a blue dot on it which I assume is for pairing the phone as that option on the next page is now at the top. I see the first instruction is to power the PW on and off with the on/off switch on the side of the unit.

Before I do that:

1. Is there anything I should know as to what happens next as to the procedure or is it straight forward pairing Bluetooth, has anyone here had an issue doing this with their PW 3? My fear obviously is the PW NOT powering back up for some reason.
2. Should I wait till I get PTO?
3. When I turn the PW off and back on I assume the app is going to tell me to open Bluetooth settings on my phone to pair it?
4. I wonder if for some reason I do NOT pair the phone and then the grid goes down and my wifi goes down, would I be able to pair it with the phone at that time? I should be able to as long as I have a cell signal??

I know, I worry too much. :oops: The big thing here is the off then back on part that makes me nervous.
Settings button blue dot. Has always been an update the Tesla app sign for me. I've seen it three times. Every time I checked the store. It was an update. Then the blue dot will disappear

Reactions: LiBeRtAs
I still have not paired my phone via Bluetooth with my Powerwall 3. I also still dont have permission to operate/export from PG&E but they have the application now and it should be very soon.

My settings button on the app has a blue dot on it which I assume is for pairing the phone as that option on the next page is now at the top. I see the first instruction is to power the PW on and off with the on/off switch on the side of the unit.

Before I do that:

1. Is there anything I should know as to what happens next as to the procedure or is it straight forward pairing Bluetooth, has anyone here had an issue doing this with their PW 3? My fear obviously is the PW NOT powering back up for some reason.
2. Should I wait till I get PTO?
3. When I turn the PW off and back on I assume the app is going to tell me to open Bluetooth settings on my phone to pair it?
4. I wonder if for some reason I do NOT pair the phone and then the grid goes down and my wifi goes down, would I be able to pair it with the phone at that time? I should be able to as long as I have a cell signal??

I know, I worry too much. :oops: The big thing here is the off then back on part that makes me nervous.
Just pair it. It will talk over WiFi and cellular. Pairing wont hurt. It's a quick flip off and on. You good.
I do not have PW3. I have paired my phone several times to my PW

Reactions: LiBeRtAs
Settings button blue dot. Has always been an update the Tesla app sign for me. I've seen it three times. Every time I checked the store. It was an update. Then the blue dot will disappear
4.34.1 is the version of the Tesla app on my iPhone and an update button is not next to it so I think I have the newest version if someone else with Apple could tell me thank you

Reactions: Jones1
4.34.1 is the version of the Tesla app on my iPhone and an update button is not next to it so I think I have the newest version if someone else with Apple could tell me thank you
That’s the latest.

Also Tesla has been having a lot of software problems. Since they fired a lot of people.
The last three updates. I’ve had the blue dot. I thought it was my Tesla Electric Bill notifications. That wasn’t it. I’ve had problems with the data on my Bill. TE. People are having problems with their solar system software. Gateway.