Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Display jpg, gif or png on screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if you can download jpg or gif or png (or even Word for that matter) onto USB and display it on the Tesla screen?
The reason I ask is, on a road trip, I like to have maps that I have annotated myself in addition to the GPS. My usual method is to print out a map and draw on it, but that seems very old school, so I figured at least I could draw on screen and save it in Paint and then display it on the Tesla screen when I need it.
Thanks
PS. Tesla Model 3 2019

Last edited:
I’m not aware of any way of doing this other than storing the image in Dropbox or similar and then accessing through the browser. Obviously this wouldn’t be available when driving which may defeat the object.

I can't quite remember, but I think the browser is available while driving, it just cant play videos, so should be fine to load an image.

You'll need to store it somewhere in the cloud, like OneDrive, DropBox etc. which I guess is the opposite of the objective of this low tech exercise.

Does anyone know if you can download jpg or gif or png (or even Word for that matter) onto USB and display it on the Tesla screen?
The reason I ask is, on a road trip, I like to have maps that I have annotated myself in addition to the GPS. My usual method is to print out a map and draw on it, but that seems very old school, so I figured at least I could draw on screen and save it in Paint and then display it on the Tesla screen when I need it.
Thanks
PS. Tesla Model 3 2019
May be as an email attachment. Open browser, open attachment not sure how good the download speed is and all, generally the intel atom chip is pretty weak in the model 3.

Blu-tack or using a second screen (iPad) may be a better solution with so many optional fitting arrangements for ipads and phones.

Back in the day ... I had an image with instructions for valet parking - at that time it was probably the first electric car they had encountered ... Also some die warnings about the fact that it was tracked and joy riding would be detectable :)

That was just using the Browser to point at a web page that had either suitable text or image

Back in the day ... I had an image with instructions for valet parking - at that time it was probably the first electric car they had encountered ... Also some die warnings about the fact that it was tracked and joy riding would be detectable :)

That was just using the Browser to point at a web page that had either suitable text or image

We put one of our keycards into a hard plastic sleeve along with instructions. I think my wife even bought it as a package from amazon or something.

Thanks for all the suggestions! I'm interested to try My Google Maps next time, but didn't have the time for it this trip. Blue-Tack is looking very likely. Also sent a bunch of jpg maps to my phone so I can look at them there (trying to solve amongst other things for loss of connectivity). We'll see how it goes

Reactions: init6