Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Distant won't wake up in over a period of several hours. A real bad stench developed in the garage as anybody experienced that.?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know not waking up is a pretty common problem. I haven't been able to get the car to wake up with the app or the key fob but what I'm curious about is has anybody noticed a bad stench in the garage where the car is where it won't wake up.?
Also, it's plugged in, but I can't unplug it I mean it is dead as a door nail
Then I try to schedule service and they want me to go to the Tesla Center wall. How can I the car doesn't roll so anybody have anything similar?

I know not waking up is a pretty common problem. I haven't been able to get the car to wake up with the app or the key fob but what I'm curious about is has anybody noticed a bad stench in the garage where the car is where it won't wake up.?
Also, it's plugged in, but I can't unplug it I mean it is dead as a door nail
Then I try to schedule service and they want me to go to the Tesla Center wall. How can I the car doesn't roll so anybody have anything similar?
You need to "jump" start the 12v. Access the frunk and use a jump pack or something similar. Depending on how bad your 12v battery is, the car may be able to get it powered up enough from the DC-DC convert to let you take it to the service center and get the batter replaced. Depending on your skill you could pick one up from the service center and do it yourself. It is a little pain. Video below: