Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor DIY Chrome Delete Kit - Nikola Pro

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Chrome Delete on Space Gray Silver . Thank you NikolaPro, for sending me the replacements and quick response.
chrome_delete_1.jpg
chrome_delete_2.jpg
chrome_delete_3.jpg
chrome_delete_4.jpg
chrome_delete_5.jpg

Can you tell me what most people order for their black Model 3’s? I am not sure if Satin Black or Gloss Black is the way to go. Was also thinking of maybe the dark grey for a different look to match the Performance wheels which are dark grey. So torn on what to do!!!!!! Help! Opinions?

Can you tell me what most people order for their black Model 3’s? I am not sure if Satin Black or Gloss Black is the way to go. Was also thinking of maybe the dark grey for a different look to match the Performance wheels which are dark grey. So torn on what to do!!!!!! Help! Opinions?

I would recommend satin black over gloss black. That would look good with your wheels.

I was on the same boat , I ordered a sample kit ($5) which comes with all finishes. It was an easy decision after I put those wraps right next to each other on door chrome, it was an easy decision to go with Satin black. you could also request custom colors. I would recommend that approach

I was on the same boat , I ordered a sample kit ($5) which comes with all finishes. It was an easy decision after I put those wraps right next to each other on door chrome, it was an easy decision to go with Satin black. you could also request custom colors. I would recommend that approach
Thank you!! I believe I made my mind up after reading your response as well as MarcG’s and AdamMacDon’s. I appreciate all your opinions and responses!!! I did my vinyl wrap inside the car and that took a little patience so I will make sure I have enough rest and patience to do this job! Will probably have a cold beer nearby which should help as well lol!

Reactions: yogi4
Thank you!! I believe I made my mind up after reading your response as well as MarcG’s and AdamMacDon’s. I appreciate all your opinions and responses!!! I did my vinyl wrap inside the car and that took a little patience so I will make sure I have enough rest and patience to do this job! Will probably have a cold beer nearby which should help as well lol!
Cold beer(s) helps ! Here is sample kit on space gray ! Hard to tell between Matt and satin in the picture, but up close easily distinguishable!
F4B8742D-9301-458A-BA12-DAD1BE139B14.jpeg

Cold beer(s) helps ! Here is sample kit on space gray ! Hard to tell between Matt and satin in the picture, but up close easily distinguishable!
View attachment 573848
So close in looks! Thank you for showing me a pic of the sample against your car. By the way the color combo on your Y looks amazing. That grey is beautiful and make me wish I would have ordered that color!!!

Reactions: yogi4
Just installed the black satin this weekend, and I think it turned out pretty good! Took about 5 hrs for the whole car, which I was happy with. Only nitpick is that I wish the “T” decal were about 1/2 mm bigger. No matter how well I tried to line it up, I’m still getting a bit of an uneven chrome outline. Otherwise, very impressed.
396AF882-5D74-46BD-B6B7-01C74D1AE6C8.jpeg
B1EDEB49-7F73-457B-A4ED-FC0989B83FD5.jpeg

Just installed the black satin this weekend, and I think it turned out pretty good! Took about 5 hrs for the whole car, which I was happy with. Only nitpick is that I wish the “T” decal were about 1/2 mm bigger. No matter how well I tried to line it up, I’m still getting a bit of an uneven chrome outline. Otherwise, very impressed.View attachment 575191View attachment 575192
Looks great!!!!!!!!! Any good tips that you have since you just installed it?

Looks great!!!!!!!!! Any good tips that you have since you just installed it?
Thanks! I was following the Nikola Pro instruction videos on my phone as I went along. Wouldn’t have been able to do it otherwise, they were very helpful. Also, I learned to not stretch the material because that caused winkles that were tricky to get out.

I wish I had started on the passenger side for practice, because once you know what you’re doing on one side, the other side is a lot easier. I have some minor defects on the driver’s side (that only I would notice) but I would have preferred those to be on the passenger side where I wouldn’t see them as much.

Thanks! I was following the Nikola Pro instruction videos on my phone as I went along. Wouldn’t have been able to do it otherwise, they were very helpful. Also, I learned to not stretch the material because that caused winkles that were tricky to get out.

I wish I had started on the passenger side for practice, because once you know what you’re doing on one side, the other side is a lot easier. I have some minor defects on the driver’s side (that only I would notice) but I would have preferred those to be on the passenger side where I wouldn’t see them as much.
Great, thanks for the tips!!!!! Mine should be here any day, can’t wait to see it de chromed!

Reactions: DMBM3
I completed my chrome delete yesterday and it took me about 7 hours in 117 degree weather with a little bit of humidity, ugh!! I screwed up a couple of pieces and had to use both but on one of the mirror pieces, I messed up both pieces so they are sending me another piece. I have to say, you HAVE to watch the videos! That is how I messed up the one that they are sending me, I failed to watch the video on it because I though I knew how to do it lol!!! Wrong lol!! But at least it turned out good with a few imperfections.

Attachments

• 5167CAD7-C4DF-4D69-A05C-04B565B942F9.jpeg
    5167CAD7-C4DF-4D69-A05C-04B565B942F9.jpeg
    520.5 KB · Views: 141
  • 995334F9-E0BE-4AE3-B05C-0260BEDC74B3.jpeg
    995334F9-E0BE-4AE3-B05C-0260BEDC74B3.jpeg
    690.4 KB · Views: 136