Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor DIY Chrome Delete Kit - Nikola Pro

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I completed my chrome delete yesterday and it took me about 7 hours in 117 degree weather with a little bit of humidity, ugh!! I screwed up a couple of pieces and had to use both but on one of the mirror pieces, I messed up both pieces so they are sending me another piece. I have to say, you HAVE to watch the videos! That is how I messed up the one that they are sending me, I failed to watch the video on it because I though I knew how to do it lol!!! Wrong lol!! But at least it turned out good with a few imperfections.
Still looks great! I’m sure the heat didn’t help because the material gets really soft and stretchy when it gets hot. BTW, how did the T emblem decals turn out? Can you take a pic?

Still looks great! I’m sure the heat didn’t help because the material gets really soft and stretchy when it gets hot. BTW, how did the T emblem decals turn out? Can you take a pic?
I'll post my work when there's sun. Here's what my front decal looks like.

Attachments

• 20200814_213944.jpg
    20200814_213944.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 195
  • Helpful
Reactions: CMc1 and DMBM3
Ya the vinyl was very stretchy and soft which did not help at all!! It wrinkled a lot which is why it took me so long. It was hard to get some of the pieces on without pulling it up numerous times and reapplying. I actually did not put the T emblems on. I have red T’s on the front and rear to match the calipers.

I completed my chrome delete yesterday and it took me about 7 hours in 117 degree weather with a little bit of humidity, ugh!! I screwed up a couple of pieces and had to use both but on one of the mirror pieces, I messed up both pieces so they are sending me another piece. I have to say, you HAVE to watch the videos! That is how I messed up the one that they are sending me, I failed to watch the video on it because I though I knew how to do it lol!!! Wrong lol!! But at least it turned out good with a few imperfections.
Looks great ! the red T's on those wheels are good touch. I messed up even after watching videos , but Nikolapro was kind enough to send me replacements. How many beers did you chug through the process :)

Looks great ! the red T's on those wheels are good touch. I messed up even after watching videos , but Nikolapro was kind enough to send me replacements. How many beers did you chug through the process :)
Thank you! Lol it’s easy to do thats for sure!!!!!! Ummm, hmm, it was so hot out and they went down like water so I would say at least 4 throughout the day:);).. What about you??

Reactions: yogi4

She’s lookin’ mighty fine, well done. Told ya satin would look good with your wheels ;)

Here's the semi final product. I have to redo the mirrors - those are a b*%$# to install. Took me about 8-9 hours to do in the 90+ degree heat in my garage. Satin black. Thanks Nikola Pro! I love their product and customer service.

Attachments

• 20200818_123356.jpg
    20200818_123356.jpg
    281.1 KB · Views: 167
  • 20200818_123331.jpg
    20200818_123331.jpg
    475.8 KB · Views: 169
  • 20200818_123404.jpg
    20200818_123404.jpg
    452.9 KB · Views: 157
  • 20200818_123545.jpg
    20200818_123545.jpg
    408 KB · Views: 159
Here's the semi final product. I have to redo the mirrors - those are a b*%$# to install. Took me about 8-9 hours to do in the 90+ degree heat in my garage. Satin black. Thanks Nikola Pro! I love their product and customer service.

Agreed with the mirrors... Took me more than half of the time for the entire install, and it still didn't turn out perfectly. Looking great! I am sure it's well worth the hard work.

I re-did my mirrors, thanks Nikola Pro for sending me replacements.

Everything looks fine, but one minor thing that bugs me is the bottom part of M5. There are a few minor bumps on M5. I don't remember if it was caused by the M2 or M5 application. I do know that M1 left a bump. I did use the heat gun before I closed the edges. I failed to smooth it out. Check out the attachments.

Has anyone else experienced a similar issue?

Attachments

• 20200829_093340.jpg
    20200829_093340.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 152
  • 20200829_093312.jpg
    20200829_093312.jpg
    339.5 KB · Views: 150
Just adding my xperience - I purchased the Nikola Pro kit back in NOV 2019 (Amazon) - This being my first attempt with wrap evere it was a little daunting but the videos helped a great deal!

Best not to stretch but for full coverage i came back and fixed some areas. Only real challenge was the mirrors but got it the second time (glad it comes with two sets)

Amazon at time of writing
upload_2020-8-29_11-30-38.png

IMG_20200806_211334.jpg

Just adding my xperience - I purchased the Nikola Pro kit back in NOV 2019 (Amazon) - This being my first attempt with wrap evere it was a little daunting but the videos helped a great deal!

Best not to stretch but for full coverage i came back and fixed some areas. Only real challenge was the mirrors but got it the second time (glad it comes with two sets)

Amazon at time of writing
View attachment 582054
IMG_20200806_211334.jpg
Satin looks great on white.

I re-did my mirrors, thanks Nikola Pro for sending me replacements.

Everything looks fine, but one minor thing that bugs me is the bottom part of M5. There are a few minor bumps on M5. I don't remember if it was caused by the M2 or M5 application. I do know that M1 left a bump. I did use the heat gun before I closed the edges. I failed to smooth it out. Check out the attachments.

Has anyone else experienced a similar issue?
I had some issues as well . Couple little areas on the mirrors that aren’t perfect but definitely saved $ doing it myself. I may try to rewrap a couple of the mirror sections that aren’t perfect but not sure yet!