Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor DIY Model X Chrome Delete Kit - Nikola Pro

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
29B2D7AE-8004-4CC6-8985-76BED96BB53F.jpeg
2609C92A-9BA4-4C4D-8048-9A99A614CBFE.jpeg
29B2D7AE-8004-4CC6-8985-76BED96BB53F.jpeg
Has anyone done this that can provide feedback? I really want to do this but am a bit of a perfectionist. I’d love to hear how it went and see some pictures.
Me.. I am no where expert but this is cut to perfection
2609C92A-9BA4-4C4D-8048-9A99A614CBFE.jpeg

I just finished mine on red P Raven X. ill post some photos. Makes the car look like an entirely different animal, can't imagine ever going back. I chose to leave the emblem chrome, looked classier to me. I will admit its pretty dang difficult to get right at first. But you start to develop a sense for how it logically goes down. They smartest thing they do is give you two sets of everything. If you are a novice like me, you will ABSOLUTELY need those a couple times. Thats on me, not them, everything seems cut perfectly.

• Love
Reactions: Nikola Pro
I just finished mine on red P Raven X. ill post some photos. Makes the car look like an entirely different animal, can't imagine ever going back. I chose to leave the emblem chrome, looked classier to me. I will admit its pretty dang difficult to get right at first. But you start to develop a sense for how it logically goes down. They smartest thing they do is give you two sets of everything. If you are a novice like me, you will ABSOLUTELY need those a couple times. Thats on me, not them, everything seems cut perfectly.

Glad to hear it! Can't wait to see pictures :)

Agreed.. red and blue Xs transform like no other

Here are some pics. Side camera is probably the hardest. Front grille just need to bring the large pieces a bit more forward than you might thing to eliminate gap. Rear is tough because you have to completely forget all the little pulling and stretching strategies of the other pieces and do none of that there which makes sense given the letter cut out. Emblem covers are included I just chose to keep off for aesthetic reasons.

IMG_6043.jpeg
IMG_0828.jpeg
IMG_6937.jpeg
IMG_8985.jpeg
IMG_9713.jpeg
IMG_1124.jpeg
IMG_1072.jpeg
IMG_9024.jpeg

Here are some pics. Side camera is probably the hardest. Front grille just need to bring the large pieces a bit more forward than you might thing to eliminate gap. Rear is tough because you have to completely forget all the little pulling and stretching strategies of the other pieces and do none of that there which makes sense given the letter cut out. Emblem covers are included I just chose to keep off for aesthetic reasons.

View attachment 502462 View attachment 502463 View attachment 502464 View attachment 502465 View attachment 502466 View attachment 502467 View attachment 502468 View attachment 502469
That looks amazing!! Are there places that the vinyl overlaps...nit does not look ljke it does anywhere. How about the mirrors ... does the vinhl not scrape it up?

Reactions: TMCPANDA
As the kit currently stands the only real overlap spot is the front grille. The rounded front edge is a separate piece from the flat surface. I wasn’t able to make that totally seamless but I still think good enough for something developed for the non pro to do DIY. Everything else fits like a glove

Had a really great guy I met on this forum do my Midnight Silver and it subtly transforms the car. Not sure if he had a kit.
After seeing theses pics I think it improves every color.
I chose to do all the Chrome, and really like it. But have seen cars with some pieces left silver or done in red and that looks good too.

Glad to hear it! Can't wait to see pictures :)
New Model X chrome delete kit available for sale:

Tesla Model X Chrome Delete | Nikola Pro

Here's some quick details:

• $149 for two full kits
  • Heat gun is included
  • Easier installation due to precut backing paper
  • Made with 3M 2080 film

Pictured below is the satin black variant

model_x_1.jpg

model_x_3.jpg

model_x_5.jpg

model_x_4_2.jpg

Precut paper

We are using an automated technique to cut the paper backing into sections. This means you only have to install portions of each piece at a time, reducing the chance of the vinyl material bunching up and making the overall installation easier.

DSC01505.jpg

Let us know if you have any questions! The installation video will be available by the beginning of next week.

• $149 for two full kits
  • Heat gun is included
  • Made with 3M 2080 film

model_x_1.jpg

model_x_3.jpg

model_x_5.jpg

model_x_4_2.jpg

Precut paper

We are using an automated technique to cut the paper backing into sections. This means you only have to install portions of each piece at a time, reducing the chance of the vinyl material bunching up and making the overall installation easier.

DSC01505.jpg

Let us know if you have any questions! The installation video will be available by the beginning of next week.
These are precision cut vinyl pieces designed to fit the Model X chrome trim. Check out the install videos of our Model 3 chrome delete to see what you'll be receiving

Tesla Model 3 Chrome Delete | Nikola Pro (bottom of page)
Can I get a black chrome color?

• $149 for two full kits
  • Heat gun is included
  • Made with 3M 2080 film

model_x_1.jpg

model_x_3.jpg

model_x_5.jpg

model_x_4_2.jpg

Precut paper

DSC01505.jpg

can you please put the model X glossy kit on amazon? i would like to use my amazon gift cards.