Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DIY vinyl wrap interior and exterior :)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone. Loving my new (to me) Tesla. Just wanted to show off some pictures from my DIY vinyl wrapping. Wasn't a fan of the interior trim so did some vinyl wrapping. Wasn't a fan of the exterior chrome, so did some more wrapping. Now I think i may have overdid it with the carbon fiber on the outside. Was thinking of changing the exterior carbon fiber to just black. What do you all think? Open to all opinions.

IMG_5476.jpg
IMG_5477.jpg
IMG_5478.jpg
IMG_5479.jpg
IMG_5481.jpg
rear.jpg
rear-trim.jpg
IMG_5480.jpg

I was going to do the same Crome delete with carbon fiber but wasn’t sure what it would look like. I’m glad you posted pictures so I could see it.. I already have the carbon fiber on the inside but I was going to do the back of the captains chairs on the first and second row with carbon fiber. On the outside I was also going to do the wing.

Thanks all! I was afraid it was too much fake carbon fiber.

BeardedBro... not my first time, but it's not too terribly difficult, just takes a little patience.

Freerster... I could not remove any of the seat backs. I pulled and pulled and it would not unsnap. Just for fun i did install a sheet on the top half of the passenger seat back. It looked fine but the sheet was not long enough. Bought 5ft x 2ft off Amazon. I didn't measure properly and ended up wasting a roll, then bailed on the seat backs. The sides of the front seats actually wrap around more than i thought, especially towards the bottom. Measure several times, then order vinyl :) Good luck on yours!

Reactions: Freerster
Looks great. Did you remove the rear chrome piece on the hatch then wrap it, if so can you tell me how to remove that piece? How did you cut around the letters?

Thanks! Yes i removed it. I thought someone would ask so i took a few pictures when I did it :) There are 6 snaps in the upper center (yellow arrows), then there are 4 alignment ribs that go into these slots (red arrows), then there is a triangular piece of adhesive (red circles) on each end of the chrome.

I started on the right side. I pried the end of the chrome up with some trim tools. Probably could have done the floss trick (for emblems) to break the adhesive but I was kind of impatient. Then i worked left to unsnap the hooks, then eventually ended on the left and broke the adhesive with the trim tools again. The adhesive is really the hardest part. The trick is to pry up, then wedge something sharp under and cut the double stick tape a little at a time.
trunk-holes2.jpg

trunk-holes.jpg

chrome-part.jpg

After removing the trim from the car, the logo part must be broken off the trim. The logo is heat staked onto the trim...Meaning there are some plastic posts on the logo part that are melted to the trim part. This "welds" them together. See the red circles below. There are 5 or 6 posts that have to be ground off to remove the logo part. I used a Dremel tool to grind off the tops of the posts. Pictures already have the post tops removed.
welds.jpg

Logo part removed...
removed.jpg

After the logo part is removed just apply the vinyl to the chrome part, press it into the letter holes as best you can, put your blade in there and follow the edges of the openings to make the cuts. Really easy after removing the Tesla logo part. Oh also the logo part snapped back into the chrome part w/o issue. I was going to glue the logo part back in, but it held pretty well so i just left it alone.

Hope this helps, good Luck!

Do u have any pics where you removed the dash and the door pieces?

Here are some random ones. I took off some of the dash parts, but not all. The door pieces i removed and they were a pain. Don't quote me, but i think they're all snaps. Dash had several screws. Can't remember where they are. I found a video or a forum that showed how to remove it for a model S and i just followed it.

Attachments

• IMG_4534.jpg
    IMG_4534.jpg
    364 KB · Views: 413
  • IMG_4535.jpg
    IMG_4535.jpg
    298.2 KB · Views: 403
  • IMG_4536.jpg
    IMG_4536.jpg
    427.3 KB · Views: 415
  • IMG_4537.jpg
    IMG_4537.jpg
    351.1 KB · Views: 382
  • IMG_4538.jpg
    IMG_4538.jpg
    356 KB · Views: 406
  • IMG_4539.jpg
    IMG_4539.jpg
    379.9 KB · Views: 405
  • IMG_4540.jpg
    IMG_4540.jpg
    383.8 KB · Views: 407
  • IMG_4541.jpg
    IMG_4541.jpg
    330.3 KB · Views: 410
Looks amazing! Your work is awesome... so much I'm inspired and will try wrapping a few places. Really appreciate the detailed breakdown on the rear hatch logo. I want to do that, but in carbon fiber matte WHITE! Trying to be different using contrasting colors (my x is black also). Thanks again!

Looks amazing! Your work is awesome... so much I'm inspired and will try wrapping a few places. Really appreciate the detailed breakdown on the rear hatch logo. I want to do that, but in carbon fiber matte WHITE! Trying to be different using contrasting colors (my x is black also). Thanks again!

Thanks. Glad I inspired. It's not too bad. Hardest part is removing the chrome without destroying it . Good luck!

Looks sick. I did the same thing. You can get your badges painted or dip yours in like an hour which is what I did. Holding flawlessly after 31k miles. You can also dip the Tesla lettering on back trim and that contrast of CF/black would be cool.
Some cool things:
RPMTESLA sells the trim by the fog lights to wrap. I did that and it is super easy.
I took off my front badge and taped it where it was sticking out on the side of my lights in front of my house to get around it 360* so I dipped it. Rear badges I just dipped. Looks great and do not have to worry about replacing them perfectly. Pictures attached.

Attachments

• IMG_5179.JPG
    IMG_5179.JPG
    747.4 KB · Views: 395
  • IMG_3585.JPG
    IMG_3585.JPG
    693.3 KB · Views: 383
  • IMG_3585.JPG
    IMG_3585.JPG
    693.3 KB · Views: 388
My warap theme

Attachments