Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

do any j1772 level 2 chargers plug into 14-50?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
AeroVironment, Inc. - AeroVironment Introduces New Easy-to-Install and Moveable Home Electric Vehicle Charging Station
http://evsolutions.avinc.com/uploads/products/AV_EVS_RS-PI_sheet_v5_2_090412.pdf
Electric Vehicle Home Charging Stations : EV Solutions
Plugs into a 6-50 receptacle
So it seems to be a 6-50, not 14-50...
1254_bt_220.jpg

Sorry to hear that you bought the SPX. It's widely considered by early Volt owners to be garbage. See the GM-volt.com FAQ I pointed you to in the Volt thread (which is unfortunately bogged down in the usual debates with the underinformed).
I've been using the SPX portable charging station with my ActiveE for a few months. We carry it in the trunk of the car (along with 3 short adapter cables for other plug types), and it gets used about once a week. No problems with it.

Clipper Creek has a great reputation for durability and customer service. They'll be bringing a portable J1772 charger to my place for the pre-TMC Connect bbq, so that (in addition to a Tesla 70amp HPC for Roadsters) people can use my NEMA 14-50 also.

We should be able to report back regarding actual usage, along with photos, etc.