Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do Art replica R171wheels needs hub ring to mount?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone, I am brand new to Tesla model 3 and this forum. Could anyone with R171 wheels experience help answer this question?
I plan to mount snow tires to this wheel, but the tire shop told me hub rings (a plastic adapter placed between the wheels and the hub) are needed, but they do not know the size and they do not have the exact fit ones. Did that happen to you while you do the installation? Thanks for your attention and reply!

If they don't know the size then how could they know you absolutely need adapter rings? The hub bore should be clearly stated on the manufacturer's website, and if not can be easily measured with some calipers.

The Model 3 center bore is 64.1mm. It is most likely that the wheels you are trying to install have a larger bore.

I have these rims and it was a perfect fit. No hub rings necessary.
The other specs (eg, weight) also matched exactly to OEM according to mfg.

I'm very happy with mine, and the price point made these an obvious choice for me. I don't understand why the other options were so expensive.

If they don't know the size then how could they know you absolutely need adapter rings? The hub bore should be clearly stated on the manufacturer's website, and if not can be easily measured with some calipers.

The Model 3 center bore is 64.1mm. It is most likely that the wheels you are trying to install have a larger bore.
Technically, if the wheels have a larger bore, would that be an issue? My partner will cringe for asking that haha..