Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do faulty TPMS sensors affect range?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

I swapped my Uberturbines for some lightweight 18” Enkeis but I am seeing worse wh/km consumption!! It could be the new Continental tires as well (they are DWS06+ performance tires).

The TPMS sensors that came with the wheels are unfortunately the old 433 frequency so they won’t connect to the new cars but i will have to run without the Bluetooth TPMS for another few months.

Will this affect range or any other potential issues? (other than having to manually check tire pressure and the little warning on screen)

Thanks!

Excellent - thank you so much!
Tire pressure is at 42 cold
Width could definitely be affecting it (running 255 rear, 235 front staggered)
But I think the biggest effect is compound from the continentals vs the pirelli P-zero EVs

Only driven under 100kms but will test them out on a road trip today and hopefully get some better data points

Excellent - thank you so much!
Tire pressure is at 42 cold
Width could definitely be affecting it (running 255 rear, 235 front staggered)
But I think the biggest effect is compound from the continentals vs the pirelli P-zero EVs

Only driven under 100kms but will test them out on a road trip today and hopefully get some better data points
EV optimized tires are around 5-10% more energy efficient. Using DWS06, especially wider rear tires, you should expect to see around 10% reduction in efficiency.

Reactions: m3p-ev