Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do I have LFP or NCA Battery? (SR+)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my Model 3 today. So, I think I have the LFP?

Attachments

• IMG_1995.JPG
    IMG_1995.JPG
    548.4 KB · Views: 944
  • IMG_1994.JPG
    IMG_1994.JPG
    350.6 KB · Views: 503
Things change fast in Tesla land. A lot of the info above is no longer valid (GVWR, motor etc.)

ALL 2022 SR+ cars are now LFP. They are also different size batteries to the original 253 mile LFP cars and have a longer range. They are now rated at 272. They have different motors now and slower performance and heavier weight. It was only the cars delivered from September to November 1st which had that crossover of parts with 253 mile LFP batteries and performance motors. As of November 1st (I believe?) every SR+ is a 2022 LFP with 272 range, 5.8 0-60.

Things change fast in Tesla land. A lot of the info above is no longer valid (GVWR, motor etc.)

ALL 2022 SR+ cars are now LFP. They are also different size batteries to the original 253 mile LFP cars and have a longer range. They are now rated at 272. They have different motors now and slower performance and heavier weight. It was only the cars delivered from September to November 1st which had that crossover of parts with 253 mile LFP batteries and performance motors. As of November 1st (I believe?) every SR+ is a 2022 LFP with 272 range, 5.8 0-60.
Where is the data that the GVWR is no longer 4658? You don’t provide any sources to verify this. Also no sources to verify the range meaning different size batteries. Tesla is always retesting with EPA so likely same size batteries just more efficiencies found in testing (slower motor maybe). Seems odd that Tesla would ship over a few LFP batteries and sell and then completely retool their LFP battery specs from suppliers to put in cars a couple months later.

You can check the rear motor. If it has 1120980 (used in Performance model), you have LFP model.

I have a 2022 Tesla Model 3 performance. Trying to figure out what type of battery I have.

Yes, I have the 1120980 motor, however that just tells me I have the performance model motor not what type of battery.

Yes, my app only shows percentage, however screen has the trip/daily.

My GVWR is 4894lbs.

Was told only the standard teslas come with LFP.

Anyone have a definitive answer?

I have a 2022 Tesla Model 3 performance. Trying to figure out what type of battery I have.

Yes, I have the 1120980 motor, however that just tells me I have the performance model motor not what type of battery.

Yes, my app only shows percentage, however screen has the trip/daily.

My GVWR is 4894lbs.

Was told only the standard teslas come with LFP.

Anyone have a definitive answer?

There are no teslas other than SR+ with the LFP battery, so the definitive answer is you do NOT have a LFP battery. The app showing percentage means nothing. The trip / daily setting is on the car screen and LFP battery cars do not have that.

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H
I am also confused on my battery. My car is a 2022 Tesla model 3 Long Range AWD. Which battery is it LPF or NCA?

So far, the only LPF are for lower trims that do not need higher performance or lighter weight such as Model 3 SR+ and it's called Model 3 Rear-Wheel Drive now.

There's speculation that LPF also will go to the lower trim for Model Y as well.

So, since your car is Long Range AWD, it does not fit the criteria for LPF.

To verify, you can go to the charging screen where you can adjust the charging percentage as shown on message 41 above.

That's the screen for LPF because it is missing the notations for "daily 50-90% and road trip 90-100%".

If you are still not sure, please post your picture where you can adjust the percentage of charging and we'll tell you.

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H

Lithium Iron Phosphate Batteries​

Some vehicles are equipped with a Lithium Iron Phosphate (LFP) Battery. To determine if your vehicle has a LFP Battery, open the charging screen on your touchscreen and then touch Set Limit, or open the charging screen in your mobile app and drag the slider.
  • If the image of the Battery displays "50%" and "100%" then your vehicle is equipped with a LFP Battery.
  • If the image of the Battery displays "Daily" and "Trip" then your vehicle is NOT equipped with a LFP Battery. Disregard this section.