Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do I have the only Model S with license plate holes in the front bumper?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I asked the Tesla sales and the delivery staff on text message to make sure no holes will be drilled. I was assured by the sales just before delivery that double sided tape will be used for the license plate.

I also bought the Snap Plate+ based on that and went that and the car to a PPF shop.

Next thing I know the PPF told me they found holes behind the license plate.

Wtf? Anybody else have gotten holes from their newly delivered Model S? This is Taiwan btw.
IMG_4006.jpeg

Now I can see them better. Too much reflection was making it hard to figure out where they were located at. That's the first time I have seen holes in the bumper where the plate goes. I would take it back to Tesla and ask them to replace the bumper. The only other option is to have the holes filled and repaint the bumper.

I am told by the sales rep that all the Q1 cars starts to have the front bumpers drilled. And he claims this is from factory and not even done by the Taiwan side. Anyone else with Model Ss manufactured Q1, delivered Q2, with (or without) holes in their bumpers? Thanks!