Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do I need an additional dashcam?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think I'm missing a key point here. I've been driving for over 50 years in vehicles with no dashcam and have not yet missed having one. What do you all do with the footage? Watch where you've driven at the end of the day? Sit around with friends and reminisce about the drive to the Stop-N-Shop? What are these things for, anyway-- is it all about making youtube videos of dumb things seen on the road?

I think I'm missing a key point here. I've been driving for over 50 years in vehicles with no dashcam and have not yet missed having one. What do you all do with the footage? Watch where you've driven at the end of the day? Sit around with friends and reminisce about the drive to the Stop-N-Shop? What are these things for, anyway-- is it all about making youtube videos of dumb things seen on the road?
Just piece of mind if you ever get in accident to have extra prove for insurance to show who is at fault if it is not clear or if it is hit and run scenario.

Reactions: Lucas007
Believe it or not, nowadays people will try to scam you out of an accident. It's better to have one and not need it than you wish you had it and not have it. It's really not a hassle nowadays to have one. Just a piece of mind.

Reactions: WhiteWi
Believe it or not, nowadays people will try to scam you out of an accident. It's better to have one and not need it than you wish you had it and not have it. It's really not a hassle nowadays to have one. Just a piece of mind.
That was my biggest worry, in a no-fault state like mine, someone can be a d*ck and reverse into my car at a traffic light; with the dash cam you can prove they backed into you, and you didn't run into them. Pretty big deal with people not paying attention to the roads where being rear-ended is common so hard to prove otherwise.

Reactions: Lucas007
The point is not to make scenery recording, but to provide a better peace of mind when driving.

Think about the meaning of "Hearsay" and "Hit and run,"

Last edited: