Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do I need to contact Tesla before I add new circuit/break to sub panel?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Solar + PW happened this week. The installer added sub panel and everything is backed up by power wall in case of outage. I want to add a new circuit for hybrid water heater and possibly one for induction cooktop.

Would I need to contact Tesla to re-do the load calculation before I can add anything? Is it possible to add new circuit/breaker without tearing out the wall? do people route it thru the attic or crawlspace?

Solar + PW happened this week. The installer added sub panel and everything is backed up by power wall in case of outage. I want to add a new circuit for hybrid water heater and possibly one for induction cooktop.

Would I need to contact Tesla to re-do the load calculation before I can add anything? Is it possible to add new circuit/breaker without tearing out the wall? do people route it thru the attic or crawlspace?

I don't think Tesla is going to help you add more circuits and loads. I think you'll need to find an electrician who is willing to do the load calculation and add the circuit for you.

Tesla also has a habit of putting some warning stickers on sub panels and stuff telling people not to add more loads. I hope they didn't add such warnings to your new whole-home backup loads panel...

Reactions: jjrandorin
Hi, how did you resolve your additional circuit issue? Did you get any help from Tesla? Did you end up hiring electrician to do it for you?

On my sub panel, there is a warning sign “Do not add additional load”

We are renovating our kitchen and want to add couple of additional loads. Please advise.

Hi, how did you resolve your additional circuit issue? Did you get any help from Tesla? Did you end up hiring electrician to do it for you?

On my sub panel, there is a warning sign “Do not add additional load”

We are renovating our kitchen and want to add couple of additional loads. Please advise.

Email your advisor. They did load calculation when I wanted to install a hybrid electric water heater.