Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do I need to jacks to swap tires front to back?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Probably rotate tires at home. Not hard to do. Question is if I jack from one jack point, will I lift car on that side enough to swap the tires? Or am I going to need two jacks?

You only need one floor jack to lift the whole side. You can use the rear jack point and a single jack pad. I did this prior to getting a second floor jack. Makes a back to front swap easy.

Reactions: destructure00
While you can do it with 1 jack, you should still get a jack stand or something under the front in case there is a jack failure.

I have 2 of these, which lets me do a jack stand and jack up the car on a single point.

The RennStand by Safe Jack
Nice but a little it pricey. If you don't need to go under the car or inside the car, a jack can be fine.

I have a floor jack but it's a little bit too high to put it under the rear lifting spot, when I put a Lifting Jack protection pad under the car.

So I use a 4 Tons scissor jack under the front lifting spot. I just need to slightly lift the car to be able to slide the floor jack under the rear lifting spot.

I lift then the car few inch up on the rear side, then I lift the front to keep the car balanced.

I always keep two scisor jacks and a spare in my trunk.

I prefer rotating front and rear on the same side so I have only on side of the car with whells with curb rash.