Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to safely get under Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought a front aluminum skid plate and was wondering how to safely jack up and lift the model 3 to get under it?

Jack from the rear jack points and then use wood under the front jack points?
Use a ramp, like Rhino ramps?
Where else can one put jack stands safely under the model 3 besides the four points under the side skirt?

Don't want 4,000 lbs falling on me!

Thanks in advance!

I bought a front aluminum skid plate and was wondering how to safely jack up and lift the model 3 to get under it?

Jack from the rear jack points and then use wood under the front jack points?
Use a ramp, like Rhino ramps?
Where else can one put jack stands safely under the model 3 besides the four points under the side skirt?

Don't want 4,000 lbs falling on me!

Thanks in advance!
Rhino Ramps, super easy, takes longer to go buy it at Walmart or autoparts store and come home than to get the car up in the air and install the under shield that you were talking about in the other thread.

Reactions: gotoma8
That's what I did and it too a while to get done as one of the screw backs was loose so I had to cut the old cover off, just at that spot at the front for one screw. I was going to offer it for free to someone that might have rip theirs. Still works, but just need to stop or glue the 1 inch back to the plate (old fiber plate that is. It's pretty sturdy. Still have it if anyone wants it.

New aluminum went on it and on my 2019, the piece for the coolant line, I think, based on the fit, was under the passenger side, so that's where I installed it. had to get new plastic clip as the OEM one was too short to hold the plate.

Anyways, not sure how many have put the aluminum plate on, but is it me (mentally) or does the aluminum sound a little louder since the noise from the ground is not being absorbed like the OEM fiber skid plate?

Have to admit, go up Rhino ramp took a few tries as it kept slipping...but once on it was solid, thought I supported the jack points with the metal ramps, that were too high for the model three to drive up. Only thing about the Rhino ramps is that the clearance was minimal...barely had room to work on it...I would say about less than 2.5 inches from my nose to the underside of the car.