Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do not combine post ratings into one!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

BrianZ

Supporting Member
May 30, 2018
California
I see that with the new update the 6 ratings of like, love, informative, funny, dislike, and helpful are all combined into one.

PLEASE don't do that. Seeing the breakdown is EXTREMELY useful for wading through the huge volume of posts in big threads like the investor thread. Please revert back to the old style where each rating category is seen.

Thank you

Hi Danny

I'm talking about at the bottom of each post, there are reactions by other users of that post. In the old TMC, each of the 6 types of reactions are clearly separated, this way we can see if the post is mostly rated funny, or like, or informative, etc. Now, we can only see the 3 usernames that rated the post, plus how many more people rated the post. I have to click on that to get the breakdown of ratings of that post.

Does that make it more clear?

Hi Danny

I'm talking about at the bottom of each post, there are reactions by other users of that post. In the old TMC, each of the 6 types of reactions are clearly separated, this way we can see if the post is mostly rated funny, or like, or informative, etc. Now, we can only see the 3 usernames that rated the post, plus how many more people rated the post. I have to click on that to get the breakdown of ratings of that post.

Does that make it more clear?
Oh I see. So basically you don't want to have to click there in order to see the breakdown, right?

Agree 100%.

The main investor thread has become so much harder to scan through. With dozens of pages every day ease of reading becomes very important. What's important is not to see that a post has 12 reactions but rather like 5 love 2 informative 2 disagree 3. The names are much less useful than the numbers for each type since you only see three names anyway. And if you need to keep the names change the color from red.

Possible workaround:
Ok, so I've found the easiest way to quick scroll through this forum when trying to catch up on lots of posts.

On each page, just do a CTRL+F for "Others" and keep hitting next, that will jump over any postings that have not gained a decent number of reactions.
Personally I just start reading the first few words of a post and if it's not interesting to me I just move on. I'm just looking for the 10% of the thread that is actual new information. Ratings don't always reflect that.

Reactions: Needsdecaf