TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Do not grab the rear trunk under spoiler!

Discussion in 'Model X: User Interface' started by vandacca, Jul 20, 2016.

1. vandacca

vandacca Active Member

If you open the rear trunk and want to grab it (e.g. to avoid it hitting an obstacle overhead), do not grab the lid under the spoiler (which is the intuitive place to grip and it is also shown in the Tesla Walk Through videos) since the spoiler now retracts as the trunk raises. I just about got my fingers pinched.

It's ironic that I suggested this feature a few months ago, and I appear to be the first to get bitten by it.

• Helpful x 1
  2. Macgaver

Macgaver Member

My spoiler always close while I open the trunk. So when closing the trunk, it's always down

PS: In fact I noticed a bug about it last week, if you open the door while the trunk is open, the spoiler will go up (and it did touch my garage door)

3. Chickenlittle

Chickenlittle Active Member

I shouldn't say this but I did not get retractable/adjustable spoiler. 1.6% range saving does not seem to justify cost, increased complexity of it