TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Do you have 2 Teslas? Do you use one 14-50 receptacle?

Discussion in 'Tesla Parts for Sale' started by Jsvette56, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Jsvette56

Jsvette56 Member

I have a timer operated switching panel that I built and had inspected by both the city of San Jose and city of Santa Clara. It allows one 14-50 receptacle to be shared between two Teslas and lets you select the time and length of charge for each car. I built it so I could take advantage of PG&Es lower cost of electricity in the middle of the night to charge both my wife's and my Tesla.

It is FREE as I no longer need this panel and will give it to anyone that can use it. It does need to have a new 14-50 receptacle put in the box as I used it when I upgraded my system from 50 amps to 100 amps.

It is located in San Jose.

IMG_8117.JPG

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  2. ChrisKW

ChrisKW New Member

Jsvette56, I'll been wanting to do this for a while. I'll take it! I'm located in San Jose also.

3. johnf_1@yahoo.co

Wow....I have noodled on this issue a lot (and begged Tesla to have the timers int he cars have end times so I can prevent the S and the X from charging at the same time!) Since the piece is spoken for, can you share partnumbers/wiring diagram so I can copy? Thank in advance. John at [email protected] 707 694 8091