Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do you have bent 20" wheels on your Model 3?

How many bent 20" model 3 wheels do you have?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do understand that the low profile tire is more subseptable to rim damage however the Tesla 20" rim seems to be very soft in my opinion. I took my wheels off to rotate them and noticed the inside of them were bent. I hit them with a rubber mallet and it straighten out the bent parts, not completely but much better.

I do understand that the low profile tire is more subseptable to rim damage however the Tesla 20" rim seems to be very soft in my opinion. I took my wheels off to rotate them and noticed the inside of them were bent. I hit them with a rubber mallet and it straighten out the bent parts, not completely but much better.
Yeah, you probably don't want to be attempting to straighten out a cast wheel. I'd replace that thing as soon as possible. Castings can bend a little in one direction, but almost always crack at some level when you bend them back in the opposite direction. Might not be something you can see with the naked eye, but 100% I would recommend getting a replacement for it now.

Forged wheels are different, as long as it's done properly, you can usually bend them back without much issue.

Reactions: Jedi2155