Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do you "just live with" the front windshield ghosting?

Model S: Front windshield ghosting?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
106451283.jpg

easy fix

• Funny
Reactions: BrownOuttaSpec
This is so exciting!!! I'm so happy for you! Can you post some pics of light sources that used to ghost but no longer do? Photo of the new emblem on the glass? Still Sekurit? Which model did you have again? I wonder if their optical design or manufacturing processes haven't been improved in the past year.. if I DM you my address, will you "not" drive by and throw a rock through my windshield? 😅

Every time people ask what do I think about my Tesla, I say it's awesome in almost every way except the windshield which is ridiculously regressive. I wonder if I could get a reevaluation or reconsideration from my local shop for a warranty replacement. Looks like the part number you linked above is for Model s though, that one did exhibit a little less ghosting in the plaid I observed in my previous post.

Finally, some hope!!

🎵(he) can see clearly now, the ghost is gone 🎶

Edit: ah, MS. damn, there's still no evidence that a supposed process improvement has carried over to the Model 3 yet..
  • I have a 2016 MS 90D.
  • I don't have any pictures since they never really turn out that well to show the ghosting but that is probably because most modern cell phone cameras have polarized lenses and that help remove the affect. It is easily noticeable on LED tail lights and old-school neon signs when it was happening
  • Below is the pictures of the glass model numbers before and after. Everything looks the same except the part number (and the heating elements in the glass):
1662993291938.png

Model 3 part catalog, maybe you have an older revision of windshield?
1662993477160.png

• Informative
Reactions: CyberGus