TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Does annual maintenance come with Quick Detail?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by vv132, Apr 22, 2017.

1. vv132

vv132 Member

Hey guys,
    When we first got our MX last year we were under the impression that quick detail is part of the annual maintenance. Did they detail your car on your annual service? Also anything to ask/look out for on the annual?

Thanks
    V

2. xkwizit

xkwizit Member

Wash n vacuum is always included I believe. Since my X is wrapped, I have to remember to tell them no wash.

3. wallstguy

wallstguy Member

Why wouldn't you get a wash on the wrap?

4. xkwizit

xkwizit Member

That's what my installer recommended. Most of the service centers use a third party detailer who do power washes. And the wrap may peel from power wash.

5. wallstguy

wallstguy Member

Hmm, thats weird...my installer for XPEL actually said that a huge benefit of having the wrap was that it hides the swirl marks you'd normally get from going through a car wash!

I'll call him up again to confirm, but was taking my old X (also wrapped) through the gas station washes every couple days (we have this thing called a "season pass" that gives you 1 car wash a day in the winter - I'd alternate between cars). Never noticed anything on the wrap

6. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

I assume the normal 'gas' station car wash is a lot lower pressure than some pressure wash jockey! I'd be afraid for the paint, never mind the wrap!

7. xkwizit

xkwizit Member

XPel actually gives you a No Wash sign to hang on the mirror.