Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does anyone know how/if you can have the "Charging Complete" screen not come up automatically after entering car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know the title is a little screwed up.
Basically, every time I get in my Model 3 (2022), in the mornings, after having charged overnight, the "Charging" screen on the menu automatically comes on and stays on, regardless of whether I drive out, or turn on the radio, or back up. There's no automatic way to close it, I just have to pull down as you would any other screen.

Now, I owned a 2019 Model 3 before this 2022 one, and I don't remember that being the case. I remember I could just get in and go, and the Charging Complete screen would not really pop up unless I had opened it the night prior.

So, does anyone know if there's a way to "disable" the automatic pop up of this screen?

_20220228_110358.JPG

I dont think so, but am not 100% sure. This change happened with the UI / Software update, so I am moving this thread to the software subforum.
Thanks for the move.

So, I guess the change happened exactly in the time I did NOT have a model 3.
I've tried purposely closing it before I walk away from the car in the evening. And I've tried leaving the radio on a specific song or radio station playing - thinking it might "override" that screen - all to no avail.

I definitely don't want to give the impression that it's "too much trouble" to swipe down, because it's obviously not. I'm mainly asking if there's a way to automatically disable to popping up in the first place; to prevent it from popping up. I can understand why they limit how we customize the UI, and controls. This just seemed like a simple thing for them to allow us to change.

This just seemed like a simple thing for them to allow us to change.
Maybe so, but you’re the first person I know of who has asked for that feature, so it’s not a common request. I don’t like the fact that some windows can only be closed by swiping (unless there’s a shortcut I‘m unaware of), but the charging screen in your screenshot isn’t one of them.