Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does AP stack mileage for Safety Score?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I heard that whatever happened during AP does not impact the safety score. Is that true? if so, does it stack the mileage? or you get mileage on safety only when you drive manually?
Correct, whatever “happens” when AP is engaged does not impact the safety score. But it does add those miles to the number that’s used to calculate that day’s weight in your average.

So if your manual driving for that day is perfect (i.e. - you have a 100% safety score) and you also drive many miles on AP, then it will really help your overall safety score. But if you had a bad day of manual driving (i.e. - low safety score), then a lot of miles on AP would hurt your overall score more.

In other words, if you have a great day so far of driving manually, then stay on AP to prevent incidences from dinging your score. If you get dinged at all, then keep driving manually to bring your score back up (unless, of course, you’re in an environment where manually driving runs a high risk of getting dinged).

• Helpful
Reactions: mcirish
Upvote 0